Mouth open, but not constant?

Daesie11

Chameleon Enthusiast
I noticed today on my nanny cam that Pesto was basking and he had his mouth open a little bit, so I kept watching and it was almost like he was smacking his lips? Like a baby telling you they are hungry. He wasnt just holding his mouth open as if he was too hot (I'm not home to check his basking temps, but I check it daily with a gun and it is always between 78-84F). After he did that for a moment he just leaned to the side to keep basking.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/not-eating-quite-enough.169194/

Link to my help form. The only thing that has changed is that it seems like humidity has leveled out to about 40-50% consistently depending on how recent a misting he has had.
Just want to make sure it's nothing to worry about??

No worry I get it I worry about my chameleons all the time. We know one thing can mess everything up. Your doing an amazing job with him. I’m still excitedly waiting to see his colors come in
Me too! He seems to be purposely holding out on me! The only time I've seen any color on him is when I pissed him off trying to get him out of his enclosure for his get appointment lol

I noticed today on my nanny cam that Pesto was basking and he had his mouth open a little bit, so I kept watching and it was almost like he was smacking his lips? Like a baby telling you they are hungry. He wasnt just holding his mouth open as if he was too hot (I'm not home to check his basking temps, but I check it daily with a gun and it is always between 78-84F). After he did that for a moment he just leaned to the side to keep basking.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/not-eating-quite-enough.169194/

Link to my help form. The only thing that has changed is that it seems like humidity has leveled out to about 40-50% consistently depending on how recent a misting he has had.
Just want to make sure it's nothing to worry about??
Hello sometime when a shed is coming they do this along with a body wiggle after . I notice my babies doing it the day before I start seeing Dulling that’s about 72 hours before the shed . They also do this to regulate . Just keep an eye out for mucus , crackling or popping . In the event it’s something more .

Hello sometime when a shed is coming they do this along with a body wiggle after . I notice my babies doing it the day before I start seeing Dulling that’s about 72 hours before the shed . They also do this to regulate . Just keep an eye out for mucus , crackling or popping . In the event it’s something more .
He is so so so small, would I hear the crackling/popping from such a little dude?

He must have been hot??? My mister just went off and I swear I've never seen him move so fast toward the mist and he threw his arms up like he was praising the God of thunder for the rain :LOL: I guess I'll have to check my temps when I get home lol
Water yes finally! He’s so cute but yes check the temp when you get home. I’m always messing with my temps as summer gets closer

He must have been hot??? My mister just went off and I swear I've never seen him move so fast toward the mist and he threw his arms up like he was praising the God of thunder for the rain :LOL: I guess I'll have to check my temps when I get home lol
Our wasabi is so funny . He slaps his lips On horn worm day along with his sec watering it takes exactly 1 minute and 30 seconds , then the lip slapping starts then he’ll have himself a drink .

Hey sweets consider getting a dimming thermostat.... I swear by them. You set the precise top temp you want then it dims down to adjust. This is really great when it comes to your ambient temp changing in the house. When it gets hotter in the house the basking is still producing the same heat. So his enclosure is warmer then you may think.

Hey sweets consider getting a dimming thermostat.... I swear by them. You set the precise top temp you want then it dims down to adjust. This is really great when it comes to your ambient temp changing in the house. When it gets hotter in the house the basking is still producing the same heat. So his enclosure is warmer then you may think.
I actually have one that I originally bought for a different tank, I just need to read the instructions and figure out how to set it up. It's just been sitting in the box for like 3 months :notworthy:

I actually have one that I originally bought for a different tank, I just need to read the instructions and figure out how to set it up. It's just been sitting in the box for like 3 months :notworthy:
LOL just make sure it has a dimming setting. You do not want the on off once. Dimming is better because it adjusts rather then turning off and on constantly.

LOL just make sure it has a dimming setting. You do not want the on off once. Dimming is better because it adjusts rather then turning off and on constantly.
Hmm I'll have to double check that. I think that's the reason I hadn't looked at it / set it up. I hadn't differentiated between "dimming" and on/off, so I was a little confused by how to use it with their lighting requirements. That makes way more sense now. Do I only plug my basking light in to it? So much of my heat comes from my quad fixture

Hmm I'll have to double check that. I think that's the reason I hadn't looked at it / set it up. I hadn't differentiated between "dimming" and on/off, so I was a little confused by how to use it with their lighting requirements. That makes way more sense now. Do I only plug my basking light in to it? So much of my heat comes from my quad fixture
I watch YouTube videos when I can’t figure something out. I’m not tech savvy

I misguidedly rely on my boyfriend because I expect him to be tech savvy, but I'm starting to realize he is just all talk :LOL:
My husband works for Verizon so whenever anyone’s phone doesn’t work we tell him to “fix it” he always reasons I don’t make the phones I just sell them lol

My climist looks hard to set up so I’m not excited to set it up

Back
Top Bottom