Most sought after panther Cham color

Wilsted34

New to chameleons so am trying to learn everything I can. I’m planning to purchase my first Cham this coming January. I’m making a bio active vivarium for the Cham.

What is the most rare/most sought after color morph for panther chameleons. I really like the rbbb and the almost solid red looking ones. Just wondering about everyone’s preferences. Thanks much

New to chameleons so am trying to learn everything I can. I’m planning to purchase my first Cham this coming January. I’m making a bio active vivarium for the Cham.

What is the most rare/most sought after color morph for panther chameleons. I really like the rbbb and the almost solid red looking ones. Just wondering about everyone’s preferences. Thanks much
Hey! Congrats on your future cham. I’m sure he’ll love your enclosure. I’m fairly new to the chameleon world as well but one panther that has caught my attention are the blue Ambanjas. I’m not sure exactly how rare they are but I’ve heard they’re hard to come by. If red is what your looking for then you can’t go wrong with a RBBB. It would be worth taking a look at the Ambanjas though. Good luck!

Hey! Congrats on your future cham. I’m sure he’ll love your enclosure. I’m fairly new to the chameleon world as well but one panther that has caught my attention are the blue Ambanjas. I’m not sure exactly how rare they are but I’ve heard they’re hard to come by. If red is what your looking for then you can’t go wrong with a RBBB. It would be worth taking a look at the Ambanjas though. Good luck!
I actually just got done doing more research and the blues are quite amazing and do seem more rare dude to their higher prices.

The yellow Panthers are so gorgeous. I would have a hard time choosing to be honest.

What is the most rare/most sought after color morph for panther chameleons.
That could likely change like fashions; demand has been known to be influenced by marketing hype.

I really like the rbbb and the almost solid red looking ones. Just wondering about everyone’s preferences. Thanks much
I've never been one to follow a crowd or like what the 'cool kids' like.
Unless you're purchasing a chameleon that's 6 mo. or older, what colors it is (or can/will turn) is likely unpredictable.
1640114109378.png

By all means, get what you like, and if color is that important, get an older one. Just remember that you'll (hopefully) have him for a long while. I hope your preferences (and fashion) don't change.

I got mine at 3 months. For me, discovering what amazing colors appeared as he grew was—and still is—part of the wonder. He's over a year now, and still surprises me on occasion with different tints, shades, & hues.

In retrospect, there's something about a chameleon that displays many colors over one that is primarily just one to three colors, but that's a matter of choice.

I think also worth noting is that many of the eye-popping colors seen in pictures (and from breeders) are when the chameleon is 'fired up' i.e. under a degree of stress. Normal unstressed coloration may not be as spectacular, and being under a constant state of stress probably isn't healthy for any animal.

That could likely change like fashions; demand has been known to be influenced by marketing hype.

I've never been one to follow a crowd or like what the 'cool kids' like.
Unless you're purchasing a chameleon that's 6 mo. or older, what colors it is (or can/will turn) is likely unpredictable.

By all means, get what you like, and if color is that important, get an older one. Just remember that you'll (hopefully) have him for a long while. I hope your preferences (and fashion) don't change.

I got mine at 3 months. For me, discovering what amazing colors appeared as he grew was—and still is—part of the wonder. He's over a year now, and still surprises me on occasion with different tints, shades, & hues.

In retrospect, there's something about a chameleon that displays many colors over one that is primarily just one to three colors, but that's a matter of choice.

I think also worth noting is that many of the eye-popping colors seen in pictures (and from breeders) are when the chameleon is 'fired up' i.e. under a degree of stress. Normal unstressed coloration may not be as spectacular, and being under a constant state of stress probably isn't healthy for any animal.
Thank you so much for this response. It gives me a much better understanding with how it all works. I’m getting a 3 month old baby in January from a good lineage and I absolutely agree that the best part of the experience is watching it grow and develop its colors. I’m extremely excited to take this new hobby on. I’m also a fish keeper, aquascape, plant collector, japanese maple collector, and gardener and I think this new hobby will be right up there at the top with how much I’ll enjoy it. Definitely can’t wait to learn the ropes and eventually get into breeding as well. Thanks again

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... (Go for Nosy Be haha)
View attachment 316999
Yeah thats probably the most popular, and longest waiting list for mainly because the nosey be was a small population to begin with and the true blues only make up a fraction of the nosey be as a whole (alot are green more). The early pet trade decimated the population in wild in the infancy of captive rearing and alot of the lines ended losing the true blue colourations.

Im abit alternative though and really like the white chameleons:
Screenshot_20211222-212157.png

Going off the votes on a locale list ill try find think amilobe trumps (probably because its most abundant in captivity)

List locales with votes:
https://www.madcham.de/en/category/chamaeleons-habitatsdaten/lokalformen-von-furcifer-pardalis/

You need to research color changes as they grow too. Full grown of most species of chams look much different then babes or teens. The personality of any animal has preference to appearance with me everytime.

You need to research color changes as they grow too. Full grown of most species of chams look much different then babes or teens. The personality of any animal has preference to appearance with me everytime.
And many pictures you see are the chameleons really fired up. Resting colors will typically be dull fyi.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I’m actually purchasing a baby from a person on this forum that’s from an extremely nice looking sire. Lots of yellows and blues so hoping mine will turn out a bit like that but am excited to see how mine develops.

Back
Top Bottom