Morios not breeding

Ridick

So I got Morios, they are well feeding on rolled oats, with plenty of apples, potatoes, carrots, watermelon, or cucumber peels. But they don't breed. I got 21 beetles, rehoused them every 2 weeks and also put them in self sorting bin with screen on bottom just to make sure they don't eat the eggs. They are kept in room temp, 77-78 during day, 74-75 at night. I have seen them mating when I was giving them fresh apple slices the other day. The only one think I can think of is I kept them pupating in my garage, 95 degree or so, they pupated in 5 -7 days and bugs started to come out in another 5-8 days. That is the only thing I can think of. They were very sluggish the first 2-3 days I thought they will all die, but no, living, eating, mating, but noooothing. Is the temperature in pupating period to blame? James000? Anyone? I will not leave them in garage with my roaches ever again. They are now 2 months old and....nothing, so frustrating.

So I keep mine in my roach room, their ambient temp is about 83 degrees. I breed mine all in the same bin, you don't get as many as you would from separating them, but enough for me to feed off.

I would try keeping them a little warmer and give it some time.

My beetles didn't breed for the first 2-3 months either, but now they're producing far more than I'll ever need. If you think yours are old enough, they may be eating eggs if they run out of food or don't have adequate moisture. I also add things for them to climb (toilet paper rolls, tissue paper, and wood bark have all been big hits) and they seem to do well.

The weirdest thing, they didn't do a squat for 2 months, now I saw movement today, yeaaaah, they started breed indeed.

Back
Top Bottom