Superworm breeding

Kara126

Soooo I decided to try to breed superworms and everytime I tried to pupate them… none would curl up they would die.. so then I thought okay… maybe it’s cause they are in coco fibre and I didn’t give them enough things to eat to get moisture and where big enough to pupate. So I moved my remaining worms into oats and gave them ground up food I give to my roaches.. and I gave them watering beads and some kind of fruit or vegetable. Then I decided to try to pupate my biggest ones at got 2 out of 5 to pupate. So then my first beetle seemed off right from the time it became a beetle.. seemed super slow and today I found it dead not even a week later… I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong lol I can breed mealworms like crazy and roaches and just got crickets down but superworms… I’ve killed maybe 50 of them lol
Is it cause I maybe didn’t give it enough moisture before pupating.. or was this a inbreed superworm I got..

We just put our supers in a tackle box separated and put them in the dark for a few weeks, they c up then eventually pupate. They can’t see each other no food. But should be full large adults worms.
Worked well for us. 😊

for some reason if light hit mine when I was getting them to pupate it messed them up. Also they must be fully adult worms. Full darkness for like 3 weeks and mine were all little aliens. Like GrannyK said the tackle box method works well. Works well when feeding smaller chams to have baby supers as treats.

for some reason if light hit mine when I was getting them to pupate it messed them up. Also they must be fully adult worms. Full darkness for like 3 weeks and mine were all little aliens. Like GrannyK said the tackle box method works well. Works well when feeding smaller chams to have baby supers as treats.
Interesting. I hadn’t given any thought to light. I keep them in a closet out of the way though where they get only twilight levels of light.

Back
Top Bottom