Morio worm confusion

Leighqt

I wanted to give Drago some variety so I researched and found Morio worms were suitable ,when they arrived I was like fcuk that my boyfriend will have to feed them as they were gross and huge.

Drago was unsure at first but ate one anyway, the worm was huge compared to my little man. I later found that Moro’s were just a larger variety of Meal worm which is not recommended, so am a tad confused, either way they are now out the house.

I’m was severely grossed out at the huge tub of wriggles which caused me a issue all day, thank god I didn’t have nightmares

I thought Mario worms are superworms? Which is ok to feed as a treat, but I could be wrong.

I thought Mario worms are superworms? Which is ok to feed as a treat, but I could be wrong.

You are correct. Zophobas morio turn into darkling beetles and are called both super worms and Morio worms. There are giant meal worms that look similar if you aren’t used to them, those are meal worms sprayed with some hormone.

Yup. I gut load mine with the same variety of fruits and vegetables as roaches or crickets. They will happily eat each other if hungry. I don’t use as a staple, because they’re a bit fatty and chams usually love them and have been known to go on hunger strikes, refusing other feeders, when they get spoiled on them. None of the risks you hear about with mealworms and impact ion, though, as far as I know.

They are safe to feed to add variety to your chams diet but as mentioned they should not be a staple. I don't think this is going to work for you but they are a good hand feeding treat that will bring some chams running.

Back
Top Bottom