More Madagascar on TV

Kent67

Retired Moderator
Jeff Corwin Experience
Madagascar:The Land that Time Forgot
Animal Planet
Monday, October 15

FYI, another good show that's heavy on herps, including Parson's and panthers in the wild. Be sure to set the DVR!

I just watched the Steve Irwin episode! Those chameleons sure bit him alot! Cracked me up when he said "By cracky-an OOOOOOSTUHLET!" Now every time we walk by my Oustalet's cage we have to say that! :)

PLANET IN PERIL
Reported by Anderson Cooper
w/ Dr. Sanjay Gupta & Jeff Corwin

OCT 23rd & 24th 9-11pm ET/PT

Among a dozen other countries and wilderness' that are covered in the 4 hours, there is supposedly a focus on Madagascar, reported by Jeff Corwin. I wouldn't try and watch this for Madagascar info alone, but the entire special has been built up for this entire month and is promised to be amazing. The clips Ive seen so far look great.

Kent, do you have Cox cable? I can never find these on Time Warner cable. I searched Animal Planet, Jeff Corwin, and by title to no avail.

anybody know anyplace where the Jeff Corwin, Land That Time Forgot could be downloaded from. torrents or anything like that. i missed it and don't have a dvr of any sort. thanx

Just reminding you all that you have likely just missed the first segment of PLANET IN PERIL (info above) and also missed the segment about Madagascar's decline and Corwin's discovery of a likely new species of miniature gecko. There were dozens of clips showing chameleons.

Some of the topics that were touched on were Madagascar's people, erosion, farming and the wildlife there that is not able to live anywhere else, also a focus on how finding new species helps protects the forest. A segment on how species affect both other fauna and flora using the Yellowstone grey wolves as examples. The Bangkok illegal exotic animal trade with interviews with real poachers, exotic animal restaurants, and seeing the sale of live and dead illegal, exotic and critically endangered species in the street (for food and medicine). Chinas pollution crisis, the rivers that kill and the people that have no choice but to live (and die) from them. Anderson Cooper (the host) does his own Blood chemical test for the show where 246 chemicals are tested for in his body, he is positive for over half of them. This segment also covers American laws on products, and lack thereof to regulate chemical exposure from new products without needed testing by the companies offering them. Just some of the many topics covered in tonights two hours.

Tune in tomorrow for the final 2 hour segment.

For those of you wanting to stay up to date about the fires, Anderson Cooper does so between each commercial break in the Planet in Peril program.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm on the west coast so it still won't be on for another 40 minutes. Getting the vcr ready...

Whats a VCR...?

Kidding. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for these on the net and I'll post here and try to distribute to those of you that A) Missed it, or B) think VCRs are as long gone as 8 track.

But then, Ken... you probably have 8 tracks in your wheels don't :p

Yeah, I know huh? I not only have an old car, but my house used to be a stop on the Pony Express. No joke. Anyway, the old wiring can't handle the requirements of digital cable. Even though I've got a box and am paying for it, I just watch analog.

As for the car, even though I'd be happy just listening to the exhaust singing, it's got a pretty recent stereo upgrade :cool:

anybody know anyplace where the Jeff Corwin, Land That Time Forgot could be downloaded from. torrents or anything like that. i missed it and don't have a dvr of any sort. thanx

Yeah ... if any of these become downloadable at some point I'd be interested as well since I don't currently have cable.

Thanks ... Dyesub Dave. :D

Whats a VCR...?

Kidding. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for these on the net and I'll post here and try to distribute to those of you that A) Missed it, or B) think VCRs are as long gone as 8 track.

But then, Ken... you probably have 8 tracks in your wheels don't :p

By the way, what do you record with? If you have a DVR you could rip a decent quality version for us rather than linking to compressed youtube videos.

I dont record actually. I don't watch TV much because I can get all the programs I like (Minus commercials) online to watch them on my own time. The only difficulty is waiting for special programs like the ones being discussed here, to appear online as they generally are A) longer in time, and B) In less demand.

Just a thought... MPAA F* OFF.

Um there's always the possibility that we all chip in and get the "special DVD"
that the show can produce for a small fee.
I figure that 5 bucks via paypal from each of us would do it sent to a trusted member
One of us could RIP that and pass it around via one of the download sites
via PM to those that donated.
We might be able to get some of the raw footage of the chams if we ask nicely...

Last edited:
Ah, dangit. Why doesn't anyone into chameleons own a DVR? :confused: I hope this will eventually be on the torrent sites because I can't handle the compressed stuff on youtube.

I like JC's idea, I'd pitch in 5.

Mulberry Farms...

yeah, I think it is a fair work around
and we'll get a better quality deal out of it than most downloads.
I'm in for the $5. anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom