Mold like bruises

Nina108

Hello, my chameleon is currently being treated for a supposed respiratory infection with fortaz and a liquid diet as he isn’t eating by himself. 2 days ago he started showing mold like bruises over his body and it really seems like mold. Today I took a further inspection and when u touch it he feels it so it really is his skin. Anyone knows what it can possibly be? He is going to the vet on monday but although she is the best in the area I don’t trust her all that much any ideas are much appreciated.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
    male veiled chameleon. I’ve had him since may 21.

• Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Only when needed.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets in the morning as much as he wants. I leave the feeder all day and take of at night. I gut load with hibiscus flower, mango and carrots.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I use the zoo med calcium without d3 at every feeding and reptivite with d3 the 1st and 15th of each month.

• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I see my chameleon drinking at least once a day. I mist morning and night and he has a dripper all day.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Never tested. His poop is dark and consistent with a white part.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Captive bred

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen large reptbreeze.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Lights on 12 hrs a day. 95w incandescent light and arcadia 12% t5ho uvb. He is outside right now so no lights except for cloudy days.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Measure with temp gun. Lower 76 higher 90.Overnight 74-75.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humidity day is 40-50 night 80,90. I mist morining and night but I live in florida so it is naturally humid.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Hibiscus, mass cane and photos.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Outdoor in florida
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
  • Florida.

Attachments

• 1B05D9CF-CC44-4D64-A077-EA812F53A629.png
    1B05D9CF-CC44-4D64-A077-EA812F53A629.png
    565.5 KB · Views: 136
Could it be from you handling him when giving him medicine and his liquid diet? Where in Florida do you live, we can help try to find you a different vet if you want. As far as husbandry, you’ll want to add more variety to your gutload (I’ve posted the chart below). How long is each misting session? Since he’s outside, he needs a multivitamin without D3, like Zoo Med Reptivite Without D3, to use in place of his current one. How far away is the UVB bulb from his basking branch? For basking temps, you’ll want to use a digital thermometer with a probe to measure them, with the probe placed where the top of his back is when he’s on his basking branch. It should be between 80-85*F there, preferably low 80s. Could you get his overnight temps any lower, at least 68*F, but preferably 65*F or lower? His daytime humidity is fine, if a little on the high side (fine if he‘s outside). His nighttime humidity should not be that high unless the overnight temps are at or below 65*F. What do you use to measure humidity? Could you post a full pic of his enclosure, please?

Attachments

• chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom