Moe is a Hawk Moth now!!!

Take a picture of it. Because dubia typically can not crawl up plastic. You may wanna throw some crickets in there as well. Just because they move more. It will take him a few days to settle in as well.
I'm just concerned with the crickets jumping out and being loose in there. Those little shits can jump high and I dont have anything that is deep enough to keep the crickets in but shallow enough for him to still notice them and reach them

Attachments

• 20190420_103628.jpg
    20190420_103628.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 115
I'm just concerned with the crickets jumping out and being loose in there. Those little shits can jump high and I dont have anything that is deep enough to keep the crickets in but shallow enough for him to still notice them and reach them
And where is it in the cage?
I used this when Beman was little. It is one of those bug holders. I just attached a strong magnet to the back with hot glue. It is deep enough so that the crickets could not get out. Nothing could get out of it. I just put sticks right above it so that Beman could stand on them and hit them without issue. They are pretty great at being able to get to food. I also had mine right below his basking level so he could see in to them.

Attachments

• IMG_2980.JPG
    IMG_2980.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 72
I used this when Beman was little. It is one of those bug holders. I just attached a strong magnet to the back with hot glue. It is deep enough so that the crickets could not get out. Nothing could get out of it. I just put sticks right above it so that Beman could stand on them and hit them without issue. They are pretty great at being able to get to food. I also had mine right below his basking level so he could see in to them.
I have it right below basking level as well. I have one of those critter holders! I just have to find myself a big magnet then. I'll do that today. Thank you!

You didnt have any issues with drainage in that thing? Judt take it out and clean it manually?

Where did you get that magnet? I’ve been looking for some

I have it right below basking level as well. I have one of those critter holders! I just have to find myself a big magnet then. I'll do that today. Thank you!

You didnt have any issues with drainage in that thing? Judt take it out and clean it manually?
I cleaned it out. But I made sure that there was not water spraying into it. So I put it on the opposite side from the misting nozzle where the basking light was.
Hot glue gun and glue to attach it then a magnet for the outside to hook it to the cage. Make sure you get all the hot glue strings off.

I have lose hornworms in my house. Idk how these things keep happening to me. I will have moths flying loose in a month. Who ever the witch is that cursed me I’m sorry plz stop
How the heck did you manage that. Well if it makes you feel better they will probably die off since their is no food for them to eat. May not even get to the pupa stage.

How the heck did you manage that. Well if it makes you feel better they will probably die off since their is no food for them to eat. May not even get to the pupa stage.
They are all the ones that are ready to pupa right now. I put them in cups last light and you know how amazing California earthquakes are!!! Damm earthquakes you win again!!!

I hang my cricket container up near top aswell, made a wire loop that just hold the rim. Makes it easy i just switch out containers every feed. But the magnet idea sounds alot slicker, thanks for the Idea Beman

Back
Top Bottom