Modest 4.0 Enclosure - Thanks for all your advice!

TwiceVeiled

Avid Member
Hello everyone,

We got our beautiful female cham a year ago and it's been so rewarding!! I just want to thank you for your advice over the past months and all I have learned here to make a better environment for her. Last week we finally rebuilt better branch structures (she is missing some claws and has small feet so needs something gripable and not too large), and design with a greater variety of live plants and Camilla is lovin' it! Lots of basking in the open and very active! I wanted to share it with you, especially @AmandaS , @MissSkittles and @kinyonga @Gingero and @RyanBRZ who gave some great advice! Will be adding the window plastic to 2 sides to help with moisture. Enjoy a modest 4.0:
1597544151135.png

Snack time at the door!
1597544919774.png

Welcome to my pad!
1597545525384.png

3.0 - July 2020 - Now Arcadia 6% UVB, a few live plants but branch structure still not reworked.
1597543939216.png

2.0 - April 2020 - Still coil UVB, added all live plants. It worked for a bit but in the end she couldn't grip the branches, she didn't like the set up and started hiding a lot, and the dracaena didn't have the right lighting so it started to die - we had to go back to plastic for a bit...
1597543123017.png

1.0 - April 2020 - coil UVB, plastic plants
1597542944449.png

Looking so much better! It will be nice when those plants fill in...thats what my males enclosure is doing right now, too.
Thank you, AmandaS! I hope your plants fill in well. Camilla likes to eat them so much - I hope they get a chance! A few of them are hard for her to reach so I live in hope...:)

Thank you, AmandaS! I hope your plants fill in well. Camilla likes to eat them so much - I hope they get a chance! A few of them are hard for her to reach so I live in hope...:)
Both of my veileds enjoy snacking on their foliage. Maybe I should invest in a bigger plant from the get-go. Lol

Thank you! We no longer use a coil bulb. When I first got her, I was told it was OK and then learning more especially here, made the switch to Arcadia 6% T5HO. We noticed the change in her behaviour immediately:)
Ok just wanted to make sure because you had coil bulb on the last image noted. :)

Thanks! Sorry it's confusing - the last image was the first set up... :) By the way, I think Beman and Bane have great enclosures and a great keeper!!
Your welcome lol. I just like to double check things with people when I am unsure.

And thank you. Took me a bit to get to this point and I started out knowing absolutely nothing. ;)

Your welcome lol. I just like to double check things with people when I am unsure.

And thank you. Took me a bit to get to this point and I started out knowing absolutely nothing. ;)
It's inspiring! And great to see you and so many others who appreciate the wonderful beauty, sass and mystery of chameleons, especially veiled! Take care:)

Back
Top Bottom