MK nozzle hose placement

Kamikaze Chameleon

Avid Member
Okay so finally on thanksgiving instead of enjoying a delicious 🦃turkey dinner with my family I decided to give my guy an early bird special chtistmas present and set him up in the new hybrid dragon strand! While there are many other things i wanted to do BEFORE I transferred him i just needed it functional and i didnt have the time to do what i wanted. Also I could tell he DESPERATELY wanted something bigger because he would always want to free range and now he doesnt even take a 2nd look, he loves staying in! Which means im doing something right!? I hope? hahah so I was kind of rushing at the end cuz i was so exhausted and i regret my placment now. My tubibng gets caught when I open my door and it pinches the tube, i just taped it to the side of the cage for now but i know that will shake the cage a bit when its misting and that could disturb him. Im intrested in how @Beman You did your setup where the tubing goes in the cage and the nozzels face directly down like REAL rainfall, what parts do i need for that?

Attachments

• 20201220_110325.jpg
    20201220_110325.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 90
Okay so finally on thanksgiving instead of enjoying a delicious 🦃turkey dinner with my family I decided to give my guy an early bird special chtistmas present and set him up in the new hybrid dragon strand! While there are many other things i wanted to do BEFORE I transferred him i just needed it functional and i didnt have the time to do what i wanted. Also I could tell he DESPERATELY wanted something bigger because he would always want to free range and now he doesnt even take a 2nd look, he loves staying in! Which means im doing something right!? I hope? hahah so I was kind of rushing at the end cuz i was so exhausted and i regret my placment now. My tubibng gets caught when I open my door and it pinches the tube, i just taped it to the side of the cage for now but i know that will shake the cage a bit when its misting and that could disturb him. Im intrested in how @Beman You did your setup where the tubing goes in the cage and the nozzels face directly down like REAL rainfall, what parts do i need for that?
May I ask why you are running a T head on it? In flow from the mistking and then where does it go?

So all of my lines are hooked to the cage with the tube clips into the frame... I bought extra pieces as well like the elbows. You can hook different pieces together to get the angles you want... Like legos lol

This is how I have an exact turn on my corners and going up the side of the cage. You could use elbows to help with the turn you need to make so that it is not going towards the front and the door.
You can see some of my lines in these pics...

For my nozzles I took them apart. You use the L joint then attach a 6-7 inch length of tubing then the actual spray nozzle that is an L. Then I used a tiny zip tie to hook the actual nozzle to the screen top otherwise it falls down.

IMG_4943.JPG
IMG_4944.JPG
IMG_4942.jpg

Um idk thats what they gave me? I don't know if I have an L, i will look around but thanks that's exactly what i needed 👌 So get some of those Ls, probably some extra tubing and some more hose mounts?

Um idk thats what they gave me? I don't know if I have an L, i will look around but thanks that's exactly what i needed 👌 So get some of those Ls, probably some extra tubing and some more hose mounts?
So ok on the top of the wedge... You have the in flow and then you have an outflow? Is this going to a secondary cage or nozzle?

No i only have the 1 cage I'm not home now so i cant check but I'm pretty sure they both just run to the MK
Then you need to buy one of these... And remove the top head so you only have one line running to it. You would only want the T top if you were running to a second enclosure or another nozzle on the same enclosure. This is the plug in elbow. this removes the line you have coming towards the door.

https://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-value-1-4-inch-plug-in-elbow.html

OMG im freaking out... my MK WONT pump now wth did i do so wrong!? When i prime it it pumps out at first but then just turns into barley a drip!
Is it gravity fed from the bucket to the pump? The pump needs to sit below the bucket basically.
Did you disconnect the hose from the nozzle at the cage and push the up arrow to get it to start running? This primes your lines then you stop pressing the up button and push the hose back into the nozzle at the top of the cage. Then press the up arrow again and it should mist.

Ive tried wiping the nozzles with vinegar...it still only sprays for a second

Attachments

• 16086600417637142007845386470127.jpg
    16086600417637142007845386470127.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 72
Yes so when I prime it it spurts out for a second then slowly drips then i just get nothing
lol Ok but when you are priming it do you disconnect the hose from the nozzle at the top? You have to do this to push all the air out of the line. and keep the pump running when you do it. then once you have a solid stream of water stop running the pump and plug the hose back into the nozzle on the outside of the cage.

No it IS unplugged from the nozzle when im priming it. I push the button n it starts off great but then sputters out to nothing its like it won't keep drawing water? I can hear the pump this is SERIOUSLY the last problem i need rn fml 😭

Each time i try priming it, it does the same thing.... starts out strong then sputters to nothing and yes tank sits on stool, pump is on the ground

Back
Top Bottom