Mistking water question

I don't currently have one just a distiller. It was only last week that I came across an article about the diff between distilled and ro. Depending on brands ro system will must likely to cost more up front but you will have better water imo and lots of it and no electric bill. May I ask are you in UK. My brother in law is heating tech so he'll be getting a call . Lol

No I'm in the states! I'm looking into a RO system or purification system. Not sure which will be better.

I agree with @Gingero. Daytime humidity values that gradually fall even into the 40’s have been fine for my panthers, so long as they get their overnight RH values that approach 100%

I agree with @Gingero. Daytime humidity values that gradually fall even into the 40’s have been fine for my panthers, so long as they get their overnight RH values that approach 100%

Awesome. That makes life easier. I didn't know that the humidity could decrease during the day. I knew that the temp can drop at night but the humidity thing is new to me. That'll make life easier! Thanks so much.

Awesome. That makes life easier. I didn't know that the humidity could decrease during the day. I knew that the temp can drop at night but the humidity thing is new to me. That'll make life easier! Thanks so much.
Take a look at this husbandry program. It will give you up to date current information for chams. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

And this is a care sheet for your panther. https://chameleonacademy.com/panther-chameleon-care/

Oh wow! Good to know. I'll have to figure out the frequency & duration of misting that is required to keep my chams enclosure humid enough. Then I'll figure out whether a purification system is worth it after that.. Which will depend on how often I need to fill my misting resorvoir. Thank you!
I have a 5 gallon bucket that I fill with distilled water. The distiller I purchased from amazon has an auto shut off once its done and it does about a gallon at a time. For my parsons I mist 15 minutes in the morning before lights on and 15 minutes at night right after lights out. Keep humidity where it needs to be and hes nice and hydrated so far. I fill a gallon back in the bucket every few days and I dont have any trouble keeping up. I am in the process of remodeling my entire house and I will then just build a new system with an RO attached to my basement sink and have a float in the clean water tank that will auto fill when it needs more water (like a toilet). But for now this works well and I think you would be able to keep up and not have to purchase gallons of water at the store.

I have a 5 gallon bucket that I fill with distilled water. The distiller I purchased from amazon has an auto shut off once its done and it does about a gallon at a time. For my parsons I mist 15 minutes in the morning before lights on and 15 minutes at night right after lights out. Keep humidity where it needs to be and hes nice and hydrated so far. I fill a gallon back in the bucket every few days and I dont have any trouble keeping up. I am in the process of remodeling my entire house and I will then just build a new system with an RO attached to my basement sink and have a float in the clean water tank that will auto fill when it needs more water (like a toilet). But for now this works well and I think you would be able to keep up and not have to purchase gallons of water at the store.

Do you mind sending a pic of the distiller you purchased on Amazon? I searched thoroughly on Amazon & found so many contradicting reviews! If yours works well & has an auto shut off, I'll take your advice ??

Back
Top Bottom