Mistking successssssssssssssssss

Mistking question: Being in Tampa area, our power glitches with all the storms (I'm constantly restting the microwave clock!). Does the timer keep it's memory during a power glitch?
Welllll, I have not had that happen in my 2 weeks with my mistking , but I’m sure someone with experience will pop on here soon.

Yes. I’m on the space coast and have
Mistking question: Being in Tampa area, our power glitches with all the storms (I'm constantly restting the microwave clock!). Does the timer keep it's memory during a power glitch?
Yes, mine does. I’m on the space coast and have similar frequent power glitches. I’ve given up on resetting the microwave clock.

Just hoping to make folks aware—you can use any timer to run the Mistking. Heck, you can use a programmable smart outlet.

Maybe that wasn’t the question. And yes, the kit includes a timer, but since it turns on when you plug it in, anything that turns an outlet on/off will suffice.

So if there’s other features you want, go for it!

If you are looking for an option that doesn't require you to think about a timer, they also make a Hygrometer control that will maintain a set humidity level. I ordered the starter set from them last week and added it on for an extra $25. I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet (its this weekend's project) so I can't yet say how well it works but I'll report back when I have had it going for a few days. It comes with one humidity senser so I'm going to assume that if you are running multiple vivs off a single MK then the hygrometer might not be as ideal as it I am hoping it will be for my single setup.

I have to refill my five gallon bucket every 2-3 days, as I have to mist more than others as I live in an arid environment. Even with a cage with minimal screen. Although I haven't had a single RI, stuck shed or anything bad related to humidity and how much I mist as I use an all screen cage. Also live in an old house with a defunct humidifier and old furnace. Basically this house is old enough that humidity control was more of an after thought lol.

Haven't tried to optimize our entire reptile system yet, but saw a thread talking about the wifi outlets...

I'm excited with what I can accomplish with these... feeling like a mad-scientist right now!

pWjOWyX9_iICivp7R7qRMR_khFDI7ZLH43rzhl-WIOF0WerAiSKveR8yoqgd3MwidUf43QvUy4dbDtNjB41eR9r0drumDgQjOHE6k_1KNNmYukDhSJWkbD7D5lsajRdm48RXAFn6

If it's planned correctly... the whole "zoo" will be on auto-pilot and we can control it from phone, tablet, computer and in person!

Last week, I was looking at analog light timers... again ChameleonForums.com.. THANKS for the info & inspiration!

Attachments

• 1564782179874.png
    1564782179874.png
    27 KB · Views: 111
If you are looking for an option that doesn't require you to think about a timer, they also make a Hygrometer control that will maintain a set humidity level. I ordered the starter set from them last week and added it on for an extra $25. I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet (its this weekend's project) so I can't yet say how well it works but I'll report back when I have had it going for a few days. It comes with one humidity senser so I'm going to assume that if you are running multiple vivs off a single MK then the hygrometer might not be as ideal as it I am hoping it will be for my single setup.
The only thing about the hydrometer to be careful about is that every time your humidity drops it is going to kick on the mistking. So this may cause issues if it is doing it too frequently because your enclosure can not dry out. Also misting and heat from the basking lights creates hot moist air which can cause respiratory infections.

The only thing about the hydrometer to be careful about is that every time your humidity drops it is going to kick on the mistking. So this may cause issues if it is doing it too frequently because your enclosure can not dry out. Also misting and heat from the basking lights creates hot moist air which can cause respiratory infections.

Beman, you are like my guru when it comes to chameleons. Always guiding me along to path to chameleon keeper enlightenment.
I never thought about the humidity sensor not letting the cage dry out. That’s why I need to just check with all of you before I ever make a chameleon related decision that I think is “brilliant”.

What about programming an Arduino controller? Someone with decent programming chops could program it to manage a couple of outlets to control dimming lights and misting with some timers in the program to have the misting occur after a set amount of time after the dimming (probably could even randomize the time a bit). It would be a very cool project. I’d volunteer but my programming skills are worse than nonexistent. Anyone here a good programmer?

Beman, you are like my guru when it comes to chameleons. Always guiding me along to path to chameleon keeper enlightenment.
I never thought about the humidity sensor not letting the cage dry out. That’s why I need to just check with all of you before I ever make a chameleon related decision that I think is “brilliant”.

What about programming an Arduino controller? Someone with decent programming chops could program it to manage a couple of outlets to control dimming lights and misting with some timers in the program to have the misting occur after a set amount of time after the dimming (probably could even randomize the time a bit). It would be a very cool project. I’d volunteer but my programming skills are worse than nonexistent. Anyone here a good programmer?
LOL well thanks but I am still new myself. I wasted a ton of money along the way on stuff and I try to warn yall when I see potential for the same lol. I don't know if I gave you the link on naturalistic hydration but here that is. https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-89-naturalistic-hydration-for-chameleons/

hmmmm as far as the timer that is way over my head lol.

Back
Top Bottom