mistking question

Jam

Quick mistking question that I was hoping Marty or someone else who sees it first might be able to help me with ...

Got my new system. yay! Hooked up the pump to the 5 gallon bucket. Have the tubing going the correct way of flow (triple checked this), but when I plug the pump in I can hear it running (very quietly) but no water comes out. took off the mister to just run it through the hosing but nothing.... Not sure what we did wrong (I'm assuming something stupid) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks! jamie

You need to prime the pump.

Take the end going to the nozzle and take the nozzle off.

Turn on the pump, and suck on the hose to prime the pump, water will come out in your mouth, so don't be suprized!;)

Then reconnect the nozzle and your ready to go!:)

You need to prime the pump.

Take the end going to the nozzle and take the nozzle off.

Turn on the pump, and suck on the hose to prime the pump, water will come out in your mouth, so don't be suprized!;)

Then reconnect the nozzle and your ready to go!:)

That advice really sucks....

you really don't have to do that, make the pump run with just the tubing through it, the shorter the tubes the quicker thepull, when the pump starts to put water through reconnect the longer tubes, and attach the mister nozzle.

hehe... NICE!

Sometimes when the pump hasn't had any water in it for a while and it has a lot of air in the pump head, plus when the check-valved nozzles are plugged in, the pump won't be able to prime itself.

I always suggest:
* to put the reservoir higher then the pump so gravity can feed the pump (at least initially when you're running the system for the first time)
* unplug the tubing at the first nozzle.
* turn on the pump and let it run for a few minutes. This will flush the pump and prime it.

Once water if flowing well, plug it back into the nozzles and it should work like a charm.

any problems feel free to e-mail me at marty at mistking dot com

Back
Top Bottom