MistKing question(or any misting system concern)

jasimmons86

I have a mistking system for my chameleon, I ordered it about 6 months ago, it works wonderful.
my system has two spray tips, I'm having an issue with clogging of the tips, sometimes so bad that one tip wont spray, and the other just drips. I'm thinking its because of the water I'm using, just regular tap water(we don't have a water softener system,
I go through about 5 gallons of water every 4-5 days, so buying distilled water would get expensive.

any body have suggestions or answers regarding my problem?

thanks

can you boil your water first? that may help remove some of the infredients that could be clogging the nozzles,just an idea :)

There are 2 things that can make the spray nozzles clog. 1) "Hard" water deposits which are minerals that are coming out of solution and leaving a buildup of scale. and 2) Particles (sediment) in your water that is trapped within the nozzle and is restricting flow.

The solutions are in order of cost and complexity:

1) Get an RO system. Pure, rain-like water. No more clogging. Ever.

2) get a 2 stage sediment/activated charcoal "under sink" filtration unit with a drinking water tap at the sink. This will probably solve most of your problems and provide excellent quality water for you and your animals. If your water is heavily mineralised, then this choice will not end your need to clean and maintain your nozzles (soak them in vinegar), you'll just do it less often.

3) Brita type filter. If your problem is mostly sediment. This is a simple and cost effective way (as suggested by Maurer) of reducing your nozzle maintenance. If your water is heavily mineralised, This option probably won't solve your problem as activated charcoal does not "adsorb" dissolved minerals unless they are associated with a volatile organic compound.

RO water is what you want to use. If you want, you can run RO through these nozzles to help break down the mineral build up. You can also clean them with CLR but be sure to rinse the nozzle tips very very well.

Little help please!!!!

Hi, I have just bought myself a nosey be panther chameleon and I am new to this, He is approximately 2 months old. I am currently misting the vivarium between 3 and 5 times a day but am not sure if he is drinking enough from this. I have a wooden vivarium that is 4ft (h), 2.5ft (w) and 1.5ft (d). I have looked into different kinds of drinking devices but can't find any that would go in my viv. Any help or information on this topic or anything at all to do with this species would be very much appreciated.

Hi, I have just bought myself a nosey be panther chameleon and I am new to this, He is approximately 2 months old. I am currently misting the vivarium between 3 and 5 times a day but am not sure if he is drinking enough from this. I have a wooden vivarium that is 4ft (h), 2.5ft (w) and 1.5ft (d). I have looked into different kinds of drinking devices but can't find any that would go in my viv. Any help or information on this topic or anything at all to do with this species would be very much appreciated.

I use both a little dripper, and the mist king, through out the day, and my chameleon is fine.
I never see him drink water, but i look at his poo and it shows he is plenty hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom