Mistking error - question

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello. Today My MistKing seems to have run the tank dry. Thankfully I had not just refilled it or I’d have 5 gallons of water draining out. I did have a slight overflow but nothing too serious, thankfully.

I woke up and noticed that the Mister was running on empty, which has happened before. When I walked over to the timer it stated in the countdown section the letters FF. I think it may have actually said 0FF… But I can’t recall for sure. Fact of the matter is it was most certainly not off and still running.

I unplugged it for a few seconds and plugged it back in and it continued to run with the same message. I think it could have been running for as long as an hour, as it was the morning miss session and I woke up about an hour after it was scheduled to go off.

Curious if anyone is run into this? I’m going to reach out to Mist King in the morning but I would expect a delayed response with the current covid situation. A quick Google search didn’t return great results due to the code, but I will continue to look.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Looks like I’ll be in missing three cages tomorrow. Bummer!

They're supposed to be made to run dry without problems, I think? I did have a mistking timer that broke and they replaced it. I forget what it said, but the screen wasn't working correctly.

They're supposed to be made to run dry without problems, I think? I did have a mistking timer that broke and they replaced it. I forget what it said, but the screen wasn't working correctly.

I think the timers bad but the motor seemed to be running ok - just not sure how long it ran dry. Should still be under warranty at least... but hand misting sure sucks!

I can imagine... if I remember right, the company was quick to send a new one. Like you said, pandemic might impact that though

Back
Top Bottom