MistKing Bucket Leaking

I am in the middle of an ongoing saga with the bucket I'm using for my MistKing system. No matter what I try the bucket leaks.

Details of the setup are this -

Mistking is gravity fed so it requires the feeder tube to be located towards the bottom of the bucket wall. Here is an artist's rendition of the setup.

upload_2018-8-23_10-5-53.png

Attempt 1 -
Installed feeder tube per Mistking directions. I drilled a small hole in the bucket and inserted the assembly. This was ok for a few days. Did not over or under tighten the nuts... However eventually, it started leaking.

Attempt 2 -
Soaked up 5 gallons of water out of the carpet. Checked that the mounting was still tightly secured. Siliconed around the mount on the inside AND outside. This worked great for about a month. Came back from vacation - water everywhere again.

Attempt 3 -
added a new, larger rubber seal hoping it would help. Nope.

I have no idea how to stop this thing from leaking. I followed the instructions precisely (used the correctly sized drill bit and everything.) Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I wish I could just feed the tube in from the top but the Mistking instructions specifically state it has to be gravity fed.

Also, I'm not married to the bucket. If there is a better way to do this I am all for it.

Thanks!

I use a bin with a flat surface, makes getting a proper seal much easier. If you have changed the o-ring and tried to silicone it I’d say your leak is internal. Any reason you haven’t just ordered a replacement bulkhead fitting? They are cheap and defanitly better than causing water damage in your house...

I use a bin with a flat surface, makes getting a proper seal much easier. If you have changed the o-ring and tried to silicone it I’d say your leak is internal. Any reason you haven’t just ordered a replacement bulkhead fitting? They are cheap and defanitly better than causing water damage in your house...
That's actually a really good point about using a flat surface. I'll give that a try and see if that helps while I wait for the new bulkhead to come in. The setup is about a month old - I just figured I wouldn't have a parts failure right off the bat. Kinda frustrating.

Thanks for the parts info!

That's actually a really good point about using a flat surface. I'll give that a try and see if that helps while I wait for the new bulkhead to come in. The setup is about a month old - I just figured I wouldn't have a parts failure right off the bat. Kinda frustrating.

What kind of bucket is being used? I had the same problem until i got a more sturdy home depot bucket that dont warp much due to the bulkhead pressure and it works. Also O-ring goes on the exterior i had that problem too. Hope this helps

Just go get a rectangle clear Tupperware container from Walmart, like $12. Make sure you don’t put a lot of pressure on the drill bit, just let the weight of the drill do the work. They tend to crack if you push hard while drilling.

Yeah I'd definitely go with a new bucket and bulkhead. I bought a stopper for the bulkhead and set it on the edge of a table with another bucket under to leak-test it full. After a night without a leak I deemed it safe for use.

I use a 5 gallon bucket with the thing they gave me never had an issue.
I did tighten the piss out of the thing though..

The reason they tell you not to over tighten is so that you dont break the plastic threads. However I hand tightened min as tight as I could then made another 1/4-1/2 turn with 2 sets of pliers.

Back
Top Bottom