MISTKING LEAKING AT BULKHEAD

sarie

i need help. i just set up my mistking but it drips a bit at the bottom near the bulkhead. i used the right size drill bit but it still keeps leaking. i have a five gallon bucket. is is the curved shape that’s causing this? should i get a flat surface! urgent plz help i’m getting my chameleon this saturday!!!

My reservoir is a bucket. Had the same problem when I set mine up. Just have to tighten the bulkhead a bit more and it'll b good.

I used a square bin but it still leaks and if I tighten the nuts the rubber ring pops out so I don’t know how you fix it. Seems like it would have made more sense to use a rubber washer rather than a round ring shape.

I used a square bin but it still leaks and if I tighten the nuts the rubber ring pops out so I don’t know how you fix it. Seems like it would have made more sense to use a rubber washer rather than a round ring shape.
You're not wrong, but rings generally compress & conform to shapes easier. I don't remember the size we're talking about, but there's usually one in a pkg. of plumbing washers or singles from Home Despot, etc.

Silicone is fine, flex seal tape...

I'm not sure what kind he was talking about. I usually think in terms of GE #! caulk, but there are spray silicone stop-leaks—obscenely expensive. There are also small tubes of sealer that seem more appropriate.
1627064968275.png

Back
Top Bottom