Mistking and smart outlet

Twells92

Established Member
So everything is fully automated/smart/WiFi whatever you want to call it on both my set ups, and can be controlled by my phone except my mister. I have extra smart outlets and was wondering if anyone had their mister set up via that vs the programmable setting built in. As I have this new panther, he is quite the drinker compared to my veiled. I’d like to be able to press a button on my phone if need be to turn it on as needed as well as having a built in schedule.

I have all my plugs plugged into a smart outlet as well. I do not have my mist king programmed through the plug tho I use the timer which was included with the mist king. I’m a strong believer in consistency when keeping chameleons, there is no need for “random” misting sessions for me. Depending on your circumstances it may be valuable tho.

What about setting up a dripper for extra water? Or fogging/humidifier at night? The increase in humidity at night may help curb his daytime drinking.

Was already going through the search bar and trying to find the best fogger/humidifier. Was just brainstorming about what I might do for tomorrow when I go back to work. Assuming I order with prime it will be atleast 48 hours before it would arrive.

Yep that’s the one I’ve been considering since @JoXie411 posted about it. Gonna need it with the dry winter air on its way!
Got the same fogger, love it...
I use the programmable smart outlet, does give me on-demand capability.

As far as the smart outlet, I’m not aware of a way to have both. It’s either, the outlet or the timer. If using the timer, it needs the constant power source, if you want the on demand on/off function of the outlet you’ve got to leave your mister on “constant-on” mode using the functionality of the outlet to trigger the MistKing.

If there is a way around this I’m sure someone will be along shortly to correct me!

Yea I figured that much. Was just wondering if anyone has done it or does currently do it that way. I know you Were asking questions about that fogger before, now that you’ve had it.. does it have any cons? Seems solid but I’ve never seen it in person

Im sure you can bypass the timer... close the circuit for an “always on” and then use the smart timer. Personally I’d stick to mistking’s timer because there is less room for error (power, pump, timer). Using a smart plug your points of failure become power, smart plug, WIFI!, pump. My smart plugs rely on wifi for their schedule and if thats out so is the outlet. APC and others make a non-wifi smart outlet that would fix that.

Ok. Now my interest is peaked. I have wanted to get a mist king, for years now. But the $$ was the number one deturant. So, in looking into misting options, I have discovered that there seem to be some new ones on the market. However, I'm always skeptical about things that might be a cheaper knock-off and therefore a waste of money. So looking at the one linked above, it just seems too good to be true. But reading the subsequent comments in this thread has me thinking this thing might actually be a decent compromise between money and quality. So what's everyone's thoughts?

You mean fogger right? 5 stars from me, worth every penny.

Yes that one! What else can you tell me about it? The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Unfortunaly ive only had it a few weeks so all I can really tell you is its a higher output than any other fogger iver ever had and its top fill. The top fill alone was engouh for me to make the move! As far as reliability, @JoXie411 would be much better suited to answer that.

Besides volume, what's the output like? Is it straight fog? Does it make a fine spray? Or can it be adjusted? This thing just almost sounds too good to be true!

Back
Top Bottom