Misting

Mattp1994

So I have a new young chameleon with a screened cage I’m running a reptifogger I have a humidifier in the room close by running at 50% humidity and I mist with a spray bottle 2-3 times a day for 1-2 mins I know humidity levels are good but should I also be running a dripped for drinking water or does the misting suffice

Yes whenever the humidity drops below 50 it kicks on
Humidifiers should only be used at night and run a few hours after lights go off until a few hours before lights come on. They also need to be cleaned often. Using humidifiers during the day creates a risk of a respiratory infection since heat plus humidity usually leads to that. Only misting should be used during the day to raise humidity. It should be a minimum of 2-5 minutes each time, with the cage completely drying before the next misting. Humidity should be 50-60% during the day, if not a little higher, and up to 100% at night.

Adding live plants and wrapping the back and two sides of the cage helps raise humidity as well

I just saw the last question on your original post, and drippers can be run 24/7. Make sure it drips onto leaves and not just straight down to the bottom of the cage

So I should constantly be running the fogger and humidifier but only at night?
Fogger and humidifier are two words for the same thing. You run those at night and either hand mist and/or use an automatic misting system during the day.
Is the dripper necessary with everything I’m doing
if her urates are nice and white and she’s fully hydrated without the dripper, then it isn’t needed. I like to use it as an extra precaution and peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom