Misting System: Toro emitter kit anyone?

Mesnik

I believe I saw a thread explaining how to set up the misting system with Toro emitter kit and stuff..

I can't seem to find it anymore?

Can anyone point it out for me?

Thanks!!!

Roberto.

I am not sure about the toro....but i set up a slick auto mister with a few inexpensive items from lowes. I used an orbit sprinkler timer..(around 14 bucks), an orbit 3/4" sprinkler valve (around 11 bucks) some clear tubing, garden pump and a mistking dual mister setup. I think the mistking mister head was almost as much as the above mentions items. PM me if you want a pic of what I did. Its easy and accurate.

I use the Toro misting heads and 1/4 inch tubing and i run it from my laundry tub faucet and put a sprinkler timer on it. I also use just hot water so that when it hits them its just pleasently warm.

Thank you both for your reply.

In this same topic:

1) So warm water instead of plain tap (cold at times here in Michigan!), huh?

2) Which direction do you shoot the mist? Do you ever (perhaps by hand) spray directly at the cham?

3) What times do you spray? The first time will for sure wake them up, no?

Thanks!!!
Roberto.

These misting tips end up covering the whole inside of the cage. Most of my chams dont mind them since its warm water. I have my set in 15 minute sprays....10am 12noon 2pm 4pm. Its more than the minimum you need but i figured why not do maximum since its so easy and automatic.

I read somewhere that the cage needs to dry between mists... is this true? Is this happening with your setup?

Thanks for the info and the time!!

Roberto.

I read somewhere that the cage needs to dry between mists... is this true? Is this happening with your setup?

Thanks for the info and the time!!

Roberto.

The heat lamps generally dry everything up as long as your cage properly drains but you still want to keep a humidity around 60-70%

I haven't kept chameleons since 1979...so the advice of these senior members should be taken. Just recently, I aquired one again. My experience lies with iguanas, snakes and water turtles. My iguana experience taught me the importance of weekly baths for shedding and wellbeing. But that is a tropical high humitity species.

If misting the chameleon itself...directly... is needed for eye and skin health, then does an auto mister really do the job over an auto humidifier? Both provide a "shower" if you will...into the enclosure. The humidifier is water in a less solid form, but does provide alot of moisture.

Jordan,

This is what I was talking about, I found it:

http://www.chameleonpages.com/new_plumbing.htm

So it was not the Toro stuff, but similar.

Today I went to Lowes and saw that they have their own version of misters too...

I am going to use a solenoid (like the fridge water dispenser), hooked up to a timer and I should be good to go.

R.

Back
Top Bottom