Misting system quick questions

szpond

I tried to search for these answers, but I'm having issues because I'm on my phone. Posting a link to potential answers would be great too.

1) Where to position the nozzle. Obviously at the top, but do you want it to spray the designated basking spot? Or just on a patch of leafy vines nearby?

2) Do I still run a dripper every day?

3) What schedule should it be on for an adult male Jackson's? How long for bursts?

4) What type of water to use? It is a Monsoon by Exoterra. I have a lot of distilled but I don't want to skimp my chameleon on the minerals in water either.

Always always thank you, guys :)

Do you know if your tap water is hard or soft? City water or well water?
Do you drink it yourself ?

What size/ type is your enclosure?
What's on the bottom?
What live plants are in there?
Do you have a drainage system?
What are your current temps and humidity?

Do you know if your tap water is hard or soft? City water or well water?
Do you drink it yourself ?

What size/ type is your enclosure?
What's on the bottom?
What live plants are in there?
Do you have a drainage system?
What are your current temps and humidity?

City water, never had an issue with soft/hardness with my fishtanks, so I assume somewhere in the middle. Yes I do drink it, this is what he gets in his dripper nowadays. Distilled for spraying.

It is a custom made, this is why I am installing a new system. 5"x2"x2"

It is a screen bottom for drainage. I may change my mind and take this out and go with another way, I just haven't found a good fit for anything else yet. A big tub underneath the screen.

Pothos will be installed once I can put a hanging beam in there. None yet, this is a trial period. He is 100% set up in his large DIY cage and has been for a long time now.

New cage, I am aware of what his temps and humidity should be, and the husbandry in his current cage is all up-to-date checked and well. This is all for a new cage and I have plenty of time to test things out before he goes into it. He is just fine in his old home for now.

1) Where to position the nozzle. Obviously at the top, but do you want it to spray the designated basking spot? Or just on a patch of leafy vines nearby?

I aim it right on the top of my plants to allow it to pool on multiple leaves and also allows some to drip down to the base of the tree to keep it water (without overwatering it) I do not allow mine to hit their basking spot, this allows their basking spot to be a place of refuge from the mist as many run from it.

2) Do I still run a dripper every day?
Yes it is best to use them hand in hand, the dripping action is what naturally causes many chameleons to decide to drink even it is not directly from the dripper.

Back
Top Bottom