misting system for jacksons

Chameleonbeeb

Im wondering what mist system would be best for my jacksons he hates getting sprayed hes been getting a little better but mostly hate it and i try to put my spray bottle mister on the finest mist so it doesnt hurt him but im looking to invest in a mist system shortly, Ive hear dbad things about the zoo med repti rain and exo terra monsoon, and heard good things about the mist king but I wanted to see whats best for a jacksons specifically

The 2 most widely respected systems by forum members are the MistKing and AquaZamp.
You wouldn't be wrong whichever of the 2 you chose.
AquaZamp can be fitted with a rain nozzle, so drops come down instead of mist and I believe it can also be used with the MistKing or you can make your own rain nozzle, as some have done.

I have found that with the MistKing running on a timer, my chams know exactly when it will be misting in certain areas of the cage. They will sometimes be found lurking near a mist nozzle in the rain zone, anticipating the misting or they will stay or move into an area beforehand that will be staying dry.
They know when the mistings will be coming because they happen at the same times each day.
My Jackson's get long 10 minute mistings several times daily, both to ensure that they are stimulated to drink enough and to wet things enough to help maintain the higher humidity that they require.
I use a drainage system and natural plants in their enclosures.
The misting zone is on the opposite side of the cage from the basking zone--so a basking cham will be able to bask undisturbed, if he so desires.

Back
Top Bottom