Misting system arrived!

CammieNLeno

Hey everyone!

Misting system arrived today, ultra stoked to get it setup and installed. Im gonna make a vid for you all and upload it to youtube - seems to be alot of misting system questions and inquiries lately, so hopefully it will help some of you looking to learn more, or see how its setup :)

8 more mins till i get to go home!! blast you corporate 9-5 job!

update: 5 mins left

lol :D:D just excited

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here it is! Herpmist Hobbist Misting system from Herpmist.com

Jason, I hope its ok that I posted this without asking you first.

Couple of corrections from the video..

1) The very first way i placed the nozzles on the ground and arranged them was incorrect - i took a guess at it and yea.. botched how it lines up.. but you can see how it is setup correctly when i fully install it.

2) The water storage tank last more than 3-4 days i think - i took a wild guess, but really.. i would guess that it might last a good month or so before having to refill it.

3) Let me clarify that the vibrations i said when i mounted it in the middle and not the corner method.. was nothing that has to do with the mist sytem, it was a piss-poor job at me origionally building the screening on the top. Its basically really loose, and not tightly secured down. The corner mounting brackes are AWESOME!

Ok so here it is chameleonforums! .. feel free to use this video however you would like, my hopes it that it is just a generic product demo that you all can freely link to people asking questions about misting systems :)

There are a ton of great systems out there, I am not trying to tell you all to go buy from Jason before anyone else or anything, feel free to check out promist, mistking, or even a DIY! I just wanted to share my review and how they work for inquiring minds!

Last edited:
Cool video I thought it would be a harder install. Seeing your video Im going to purchase one on the next week or so.

That's way cool! Thanks for doing that! (Let me know if you need some more washers and I can drop some in the mail.)

It's even easier to install the nozzles in a window screen style cage with the adapters. You just have to cut a slit with a box knife, then poke it up from the bottom using the included piece of scrap tubing. When we were installing the system at Tiki Tiki Reptiles, it took a lot longer to get the cages down off the rack than it did to actually install the nozzles.

BTW, if anyone from the forum needs more than the 25' of tubing that comes with it, just let me know how much and it's on the house.

Howdy All,

For those of you with the pumps from Herpmist, MistKing, and Pro-Products (Promist), you have the option to reduce the pump pressure by adjusting the tiny hex-head screw at the front of the pump. Counter-clockwise will reduce the pressure from somewhere around ~70psi down to around ~40psi. Just note the present depth of the screw and keep track of how many turns you take it out. Somewhere around 2-3-4 turns out is where it will no longer make any difference in the pressure. I've found that you can still get a nice pattern spread and volume without going through as much water per session. Play with the adjustment and see if you find a better setting for your setup than the factory default. I spoke with the manufacturer of the pump and they said that reducing the pressure is actully slightly better for the pump so no worries about hurting it. Just don't try to go higher in pressure :eek:.

I also have some cool flow adjusting valves that may work. They just arrived yesterday and I haven't had a chance to play with, er uh, test them yet.

so i watched the video and i was debating on getting one
but you made it look so easy that ik figured why not.
i quickly browsed other sites but this one was cheeper then the others.
so i ordered one of the same things a few minutes ago.
...i guess the video is working for buissness after all.

i cant wait to play with it in 2-3 buissness days.

so i watched the video and i was debating on getting one
but you made it look so easy that ik figured why not.
i quickly browsed other sites but this one was cheeper then the others.
so i ordered one of the same things a few minutes ago.
...i guess the video is working for buissness after all.

i cant wait to play with it in 2-3 buissness days.

You will love it, so far the misting system is the best investment i have made so far bar none for this hobby.

Just to clarify - I am not trying to drive business to anyone really, i just made a video about it as my own other hobby of making videos. Yes Jason is appreciative of me making it on his behalf - but he did not ask me to do so, and i am not receiving anything in trade or receiving anything by driving people to his site.. I am just a nerdy guy that loves to make videos!

Back
Top Bottom