Misting or dripper for hoehnelii baby?

herpthefuture

I'm concerned that providing a dripper for the baby hoehnelii I will be picking up on the 24th would be too dangerous, seeing as they are incredibly small and the dripper I use has rather large droplets. I own inverts so have a very fine hair styling spray bottle that mists incredibly finely. Would I, at least until the hoehnelii is at a size I'm comfortable with, be benefiting the hoehnelii by hand misting?

Also, in regards to people who use drippers, how do you avoid standing water int he enclosure? Due to my reptile room being on the second floor and cramped as it is, a bucket beneath is not something I can do.
Thank you guys :)

Dont mind!:) always ready to help with humble knowledge

Thank you sooo much, I keep asking around but no one would answer me on other sites!

First one is are there any really clear signs of a baby hoehnelii's sex? I want to get a male from the breeder, and they told me I can choose which, but other than a "bulge" is there any signs?

Also, my plants only reach half way through the viv, but the ranches spread high up - do I need to get some hanging plants? I bought a 60cm schleffera for the medium reptibreeze but it broke in shipping and it's about 30cm now.

One more to top it off - what heating do you supply? I live in the UK and my reptile room is my bedroom, ambient at about 19-21c because of the vivs. It gets real cold at night and I like sleeping with my window open, so the temp drop isn't a concern for me!

Thank you sooo much, I keep asking around but no one would answer me on other sites!

First one is are there any really clear signs of a baby hoehnelii's sex? I want to get a male from the breeder, and they told me I can choose which, but other than a "bulge" is there any signs?

Also, my plants only reach half way through the viv, but the ranches spread high up - do I need to get some hanging plants? I bought a 60cm schleffera for the medium reptibreeze but it broke in shipping and it's about 30cm now.

One more to top it off - what heating do you supply? I live in the UK and my reptile room is my bedroom, ambient at about 19-21c because of the vivs. It gets real cold at night and I like sleeping with my window open, so the temp drop isn't a concern for me!

i use a combo of screen-glass (so i put an exo-terra encloure at the bottom (18x18x18) and a hand made screen enclosure at the top (18x18x18 all screen) all joined by a magnet strip (all material available in amazon) during summer they will go straight outside ;)
yes there a clear bulb and male show different coloration (i might grab you some pictures)

lot of plants, lot of horizontal perches ;)

Fog during the night and use high output uvb!

i use 25-50w basking

for the drop go up to 5 celcius :p when your not confy they are! :p lol

Back
Top Bottom