Misting mishap!

Tawannapc

Established Member
So today just wasn't a good day for me. I set my mist King on a timer and thought I set my mister on 1 min. My daughter was in the room so I asked her to let me know if it turned on. It did , hooray . Little did I know this thing was set for 1 hour. I later to go in to do my shut off routine and splash into a puddle of water. Boy could I have screamed ! My little guy seems ok . He was curled up in his leaves . And just eyeballs me. Boy oh boy I'm sure I just got to his bad side . Tomorrow's going to be his first trip to get vet checkup! That's two strikes for me

I had the timer programmed perfectly, then one day I had to operate it manually for some reason.
I misremembered how to do that, and pressed both arrow keys simultaneously (instead of just the up arrow ⬆️) and wound up resetting it to factory defaults.

Reprogramming (correctly) took me 2 days. I think the blue cloud is still floating around up there someplace... :censored:

My little guy seems ok

An hour is nothing. In the wild, it could rain for an entire day, sometimes more. With rain that's way bigger than any mist. In environments that are often times way more wet than your cage could ever be.

A little extra misting for them every now and again is actually good for them. It's extended humidity sessions as well as prolonged drinking sessions. When I set up a MistKing, I do two 30 minute misting sessions per week on top of the regular misting daily. As long as you're not drowning him and he has a place to get to out of the water a bit, all will be well. :)

An hour is nothing. In the wild, it could rain for an entire day, sometimes more. With rain that's way bigger than any mist. In environments that are often times way more wet than your cage could ever be.

A little extra misting for them every now and again is actually good for them. It's extended humidity sessions as well as prolonged drinking sessions. When I set up a MistKing, I do two 30 minute misting sessions per week on top of the regular misting daily. As long as you're not drowning him and he has a place to get to out of the water a bit, all will be well. :)
I will try a longer session because it's starting to get hot in Louisiana

Back
Top Bottom