Misting chams? This okay?

BTW I did answer his question and did it thoroughly without hesitation, it doesn't hurt to remind people of the absolute wonder that is searching. HONESTLY THINK about it... what would you rather have as someone who cares about chams, someone who posts a question and waits for a reply all the while their cham is obviously not benefiting from the question being asked OR someone who SEARCHES for the answer to their question and generally gets IMMEDIATE results and then can implement them as they wish...

What are you so irritated about? Every question that is posted has been answered already......relax

Im an avid member of a few fish forums and you answer the same questions everyday.

I dont think she is irritated... she is just trying to state that you can get much quicker answers with a little bit of searching, then you can by waiting for an answer to come to you...

It also saves new comers from being told 1000 times to search for their answers, and then when they cant find it to ask someone... I am also a member on many forums, and it's the same there too....

Search is very useful, and cuts down on the bandwith that the forum uses, by not having 45 threads about the same topic :cool:

I dont think she is irritated... she is just trying to state that you can get much quicker answers with a little bit of searching, then you can by waiting for an answer to come to you...

It also saves new comers from being told 1000 times to search for their answers, and then when they cant find it to ask someone... I am also a member on many forums, and it's the same there too....

Search is very useful, and cuts down on the bandwith that the forum uses, by not having 45 threads about the same topic :cool:

BTW most of these qustions i ask, are mostly because ive read differant things (Dont spray there eyes) (Spray there entire body) (do not spray them, only spray the cage) ETC

I ask these questions MOSTLY Because ive read differant things, and want other peoples advice... I know i post lots, and sorry for that :p Tobe honest, i did not know about the "Search through the forums" button, until 1.5 weeks ago when sandra told me...

Very Sorry, And thanks For Everyone posting :eek::D

BTW most of these qustions i ask, are mostly because ive read differant things (Dont spray there eyes) (Spray there entire body) (do not spray them, only spray the cage) ETC

I ask these questions MOSTLY Because ive read differant things, and want other peoples advice... I know i post lots, and sorry for that :p Tobe honest, i did not know about the "Search through the forums" button, until 1.5 weeks ago when sandra told me...

I understand completely... lol when I was new to forums in general I used to get litteraly yelled at all the time.... Or I would think I found something interesting, and post it, and get yelled at for reposting something :rolleyes:

alot of people on forums like to bully people.... the main key is to recognize who they are and either ignore it, or put them on your ignore list so you cant even see what they post any more!

Does it stress them?

The question is, 'does it stress yours'? If not mist away, if so, dont.

Perfect answer from Richard below!

im pretty sure misting is one of the main ways we hydrate our chams lol. some of them dont like to be sprayed directly, but at least around them and on the plants.

Exactly Why I often Suggest,....(gasp!) Thinking & learning for yourself!!! You will always get tons of conflicting information on any forum online, I agree its confusing and generally none too helpful, first hand experience is always the best way to learn. At the end of the day, thats what you do anyway isnt it! Forums can be a good resource to guage some basic guidelines, but its still up to you to decide which information makes sense or/and is useful to you.

Last edited:
LOl, might be a cult starting here. If you like the quote, join the club and add the line to your signature! ;)

Hi There NewOwner.
I think you've got the answer you were looking for. Personally, I dont like to directly mist my chameleons, especially young ones. I would never spray a chameleon directly, but i might mist with warm water if my chameleon wanted it (it choose to moved into the mist purposefully). But clearly its up to you and your chameleon as to what works in your situation.

Never hesitate (not that you do) to ask questions - even if some of us have read the same inquiry ten times doesnt mean its not as valid a question now as it was the first time.

Still, what I'd like to suggest for future inquiries, to help ensure your well intentioned questions dont seem like you've not done your own research, type a longer introduction to help us get the whole picture. For example, in this case you might have said "I normally mist my chameleons cage, not the chameleon directly. Recently I have read several differet opinions regarding whether or not it is okay to directly spray or mist the chameleon itself. I misted my young vieled yesterday directly with warm water, and it seemed to me she enjoyed it. What do you think about direct misting? Is it okay? Anything I should be wary of? etc"

Folks (me included) can get irritated with those who appear to not be putting in their own effort. Frankly I've notice a marked increase in the number of people expecting things to be handed to them as if they are entitled (I dont mean on this forum, I mean in my general life experience). it makes me cranky

Back
Top Bottom