Misters pros & cons

What are the pros and cons of having one? Do you suggest them!? What brand! Is it easier to get a fogger? Better to just spray daily!? Any pics of your set up using these?

Pro: Healthier, happier chameleons, less work.
Con: Why didn't I get one sooner?:D

Ok, now I have a question LOL How do you mount the mister nozzles on the screen AND where should I point them? My Veiled hates the shower. I don't think he is sued to it. His old owner misted him 2 times a day and didn't have an automatic mister.

I also have a monsoon for my reptibreeze cage. I just bent a paper clip at a 90 degree angle and clipped the suction cup to the screen. As far as positioning it, I point it over the center of my plant from the top. Basically I positioned it so as not to get any water outside the cage.

I have an Aquazamp split to mists both cages. I would not trust my chameleons alone when I'm at work to stay hydrated without a mister plus it helps keep the humidity up all day

All in all I agree why didn't I get one sooner
Check the site sponsors list mistking and Aquazamp are both there to do price checks

Ok, now I have a question LOL How do you mount the mister nozzles on the screen AND where should I point them? My Veiled hates the shower. I don't think he is sued to it. His old owner misted him 2 times a day and didn't have an automatic mister.

You have to cut a small hole in your screen.
You remove the screw washer from the nozzle, place the nozzle through the hole, screw the washer back on, and then it holds it in place.

then you aim your nozzle how you want it.

I find its best to aim it towards the middle of the cage and slightly down.

It is honestly the best thing I ever got for my chameleons. My pump will run for two minutes max which is ok but i may upgrade to a mistking in the future allowing for longer mistings.

It is great if you are our or on holiday as you know they are getting the water they need.

You are likely going to have to create a drainage system though to catch excess water.

I use my misting system in combination with a dripper.

You have to cut a small hole in your screen.
You remove the screw washer from the nozzle, place the nozzle through the hole, screw the washer back on, and then it holds it in place.

then you aim your nozzle how you want it.

I find its best to aim it towards the middle of the cage and slightly down.

Thanks for the help! I want to make sure my Veiled doesn't get showered and piss him off...LOL His colors are beautiful when he goes to bed. During the day his colors are not so bright or vivid. Is that normal? He is not dark or anything like that, just not as vibrantly colored.

Thanks for the help! I want to make sure my Veiled doesn't get showered and piss him off...LOL His colors are beautiful when he goes to bed. During the day his colors are not so bright or vivid. Is that normal? He is not dark or anything like that, just not as vibrantly colored.

How old is he?

And if you are using the mistking, its a very fine mist, so it doesn't normally cause an issue. my guys were a bit wary of it too, then they got used to it.

A contented cham with no issues at the moment will not be as brightly colored. He's fine.

And, a bit of clarification about foggers...

Foggers (ultrasonic types) are used mostly to boost cage humidity, not produce drinking water. The vapor they produce isn't heavy enough to cause a lot of dripping water unless you run them constantly. Not necessary.

Also, when we talk about foggers most of us are talking about ultrasonic room humidifiers, not the small fogging units sold as terrarium accessories. The small units don't last all that well partly because they are easily damaged if the small reservoir you put them in runs dry. Their technology is basically the same as a room humidifier, but the room models have larger reservoirs and they are built better.

In dry climates they can help bridge the humidity gap between hand sprayings or even auto misting cycles without flooding the cage. Depending on how dry your house and climate is you could end up using a combination of hand or auto misting and a fogger.

How old is he?

And if you are using the mistking, its a very fine mist, so it doesn't normally cause an issue. my guys were a bit wary of it too, then they got used to it.

He is just about 14 months old. I use a Monsoon RS 400, that works perfectly. It sprays a fine mist. Gonzo just doesn't like a blast of mist. LOL I do realize he needs his moisture so he has to get used it. I mist him with distilled water. The cage is 24x24x48 with some nice vines and a Schefflera plant in it. How long should I mist? I do also use a Little Dripper for him. I know one thing, since I have moved him from a 30" tall cage that he is not crawling the ceiling anymore.

He is just about 14 months old. I use a Monsoon RS 400, that works perfectly. It sprays a fine mist. Gonzo just doesn't like a blast of mist. LOL I do realize he needs his moisture so he has to get used it. I mist him with distilled water. The cage is 24x24x48 with some nice vines and a Schefflera plant in it. How long should I mist? I do also use a Little Dripper for him. I know one thing, since I have moved him from a 30" tall cage that he is not crawling the ceiling anymore.

He'll get used to it. they all do.

As long as he isn't dark looking, im sure he is fine.

If he doestn have enough foliage, he may feel uncomfortable.

my mistking is set to mist every 2 hours between 8 am and 6 pm for one minute.

I use the Aquazamp misting system with the raindome attachment. You can read my thoughts on it in my blog linked below.

Kevin

He'll get used to it. they all do.

As long as he isn't dark looking, im sure he is fine.

If he doestn have enough foliage, he may feel uncomfortable.

my mistking is set to mist every 2 hours between 8 am and 6 pm for one minute.

Here is a couple pics of Gonzo just taken. Any opinions on color, weight or anything else is helpful to me.

686293066_o.jpg

686293101_o.jpg

686293037_o.jpg

Here is a couple pics of Gonzo just taken. Any opinions on color, weight or anything else is helpful to me.
[/IMG]

He is a bit dark looking.

I suggest starting a new thread, and I would be happy to assist you there, so we don't derail the OPS thread.

He looks a bit tripped out! you dont have any funny mushrooms in there do you? ;) :eek:

That's how Smeagie looks when I bring him in from sunning outside.

He's all black, glowing eyes, and freaked out like he never saw me before and was just snatched from the wilds of Yemen :eek:

Back
Top Bottom