Misters for watering plants

suprdude

Avid Member
I'll be using a MistKing system and I'm wondering if it will over-water the plants even though it's a short cycle a few times a day. If so, does anybody use any techniques to limit absorption? Maybe partially cover the soil with plastic?

A lot of it will depend on what plants will be getting misted the most. Pothos, philodendron and wandering Jew do very well when kept moist. You’ll also have to see which areas are getting the most water from the mistings. I have to water some of the plants in my enclosures as they don’t get enough from the mister.

It all depends on where pot is to mister head and kind of soil you use. If my pot is close to mister head I put little sand and clay ball in to help drain better. Mine doesn't give enough water so I still water about every 4 days. I mist for 25 to 50 mins a days. Which sounds like alot. My veiled gets about 25 min. My Parson and panthers get 50 mins a day or more sometime. I always let dry out in-between misting. My panthers have 2 mist heads veiled has one and parson has 3 she like alot of water.

Back
Top Bottom