Mister

Elig15

I recently bought a male and a female veiled chameleon from craigslist. They are about 1 year old. Should I change up the misting pattern? He had it go off 2 times a day for 30 seconds. If I should change it, how long for, what time, and how many times a day. I live in Florida btw if that make a difference.
-Thanks

Wow...I dunno if it's just me, but that seems too low. The fact that you live in Florida may make a bit of difference, but you should definitely see what the humidity is reading at in the cages. I personally mist for 30 seconds every hour. Maybe someone who lives in Florida can provide more insight, but I would purchase a humidity gauge and see what it reads at.

If this is their means of water then you should raise the misting times. I would say at least 3 times a day for a least 2 minutes. I would make sure you have the adequate drainage and plan around that. Some chams take longer than others to get turned on to drinking. I use a heater in my chams water and they love it! I live in Maryland and right now I mist a lot more because of the heat lowering the humidity inside.

Yeah, 30 seconds is way too short, you need to mist so everything gets
dripping wet, over 1 minute, then allow the cage to dry out before misting
again.
It's good to have at least one morning cycle that runs a good while, like
10 minutes. The other cycles can be shorter.

Make sure you have a good drainage system.

What kind of cage do you have?

PS, 1 year old? I do hope they are in separate cages :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom