mister VS humidifier VS fogger

OliveTheVeiled

I'm at a loss, I've read several posts this morning but not really seeing what I'd like to know. So this morning I get Olive set up for her morning routine and plug in my Humidifer/vaporizer that i've been using from my toddlers bedroom. It seams to be working great and we've actually cought Olive drinking from the screen. We also have a repi Breeze mister with the tube run up to the top and into her open air cage. I have it set to mist ever hour for 60 seconds. it get's everything misted well but every few days I need to go in and turn the nozzle to get a true mist again and not a spray, maybe due to hard water or calcium build up? After plugging the vaporizer in this morning and filling it again with water I noticed it's misting wonderfully but also spurting big drops of water out the front also resulting in my carpet and the towel under it getting soaked. I cant have everything around it soaked! What should I do? I unplugged it for now until I can run some lime remover through that too but do I need both? Honestly if I'd pick which one is working better I'd have to go with my toddlers vaporizor, it just get's a better all over vapor and much more sticks to the screen ( on one side of her cage) I have also been hand misting to try and keep her humidity up because she's in our open upstairs hallway. Before the hand misting and the vaporizer her humdity level was always at 40%, yesterday she was up to 55% with everything running.

Not sure what type of water you use, but I would recommend distilled. This will not leave much residue on the mister or the enclosure. ;)

i'm sure our water is hard, I'm going to try to get that taken care of this week with a water softener, maybe thats why the vaporizer is spurting?? the vaporizer puts a great amount of moisture droplets on the screen but nothing on the plants so I'm hand misting there. So really I could ditch the repti breeze anyway right??

i'm sure our water is hard, I'm going to try to get that taken care of this week with a water softener, maybe thats why the vaporizer is spurting?? the vaporizer puts a great amount of moisture droplets on the screen but nothing on the plants so I'm hand misting there. So really I could ditch the repti breeze anyway right??

Careful with water softeners. Many use salts that you do not want your cham drinking. Reverse osmosis would be better. I would also suggest monitoring the urates carefully if you reduce the amount of water available. Your cham may be drinking when you don't see it, and reducing the normal routine may not be good.

we'd been talking about getting a water softener anyway because we cloth diaper, But I need to get my reverse osmosis hooked up. Her waste has been white to maybe a tiny tinge of yellow, same as it's been since we got her. I'm just worried with all the bad reviews that the repi breeze isnt gonna last long anyway and if we can take that away and she still get's all that she needs we'd be ok. All week last week I think she got hand misted about 6 times during the day plus the vaporizer went all day long also leaving plenty of moisture on the side of the screen. But then again I dont want to take it away if she really needs it :/

If your mister is misting too hard, might try and duel nozzle the mister to soften the pressure of the water. I have had trouble having the pressure too high my water pump so just a thought!

Your just asking for a respiratory problem with all that water in the air. I always spayed at night 15 mins after lights out, and in the mornings 20 mins before lights on. I’ve never seen my panthers, veileds or Jackson’s run for water. I only use bottled spring water never tap I don’t leave things to chance.

Back
Top Bottom