Mister,sprayer :L

MrTommy

Don't no how bad this is didn't really think it was a problem it might not be but I don't have a mister system. I spray tommy around 2-3 times a day for a few minutes , I have had him over a month an had no issues so is it a issue??

Its only an issue if you only mist in the morning and the evening.

If you are gone all day, its not very good for him.

What she is saying is he needs to be sprayed all day. Morning, mid morning, afternoon, mid afternoon, and an hour or two before lights out. If you are home to spray 3 to 4 times though out the day, hand spraying is fine. If you leave for work in the am and not home till later, a mistking or aquazamp would be what you want :)

If you water twice a day, that is plenty.

Not trying to knock your advice, and I'm no expert by any means, but in my experience, that's not enough drinking opportunity for the cham. Not only that, but that may not be efficient enough humidity.

OP, if you're home all day, or for the majority of the day, hand-misting is fine. Has your cham pooped yet? That's another good way to find out how well hydrated it is. If the urate is yellow/orange, it is dehydrated. If it's white, it's fine.

put it this way, when i first got my cham, I was in the same boat as you. Except I had to work 9-5. I'd spray before work, then come home for lunch, spray for a good 4-5 minutes, then go back to work, then spray when I'd get home, etc.. That WASN'T enough. Koop's urate was orange.. I bought a MistKing immediately, and I have it spraying about 5 times a day, pretty much every 3 hours or so.

The more opportunity you can offer your cham to drink, the better... This is, of course, as long as you give your enclosure a chance to dry completely, which prevents bacteria from breeding/thriving.

He poo's everyday ?I have never checked but I will tomorrow, so white good and yellows bad.
Just spent a lot on his bigger enclosure so have to wait 2 weeks till I next get payed to get one am sure he be fine till then :L just spray abit more than I do now.

Thanks for the help :)

He poo's everyday ?I have never checked but I will tomorrow, so white good and yellows bad.
Just spent a lot on his bigger enclosure so have to wait 2 weeks till I next get payed to get one am sure he be fine till then :L just spray abit more than I do now.

Thanks for the help :)

yeah couple weeks of hand misting is fine, you do need to check his urate and make sure its not yellow nor haves any yellowish color in it. I work from 6pm to 6am and didnt have automatic mister for first couple weeks and my carpet was doing just fine white urate and all so you really should be fine till your next paycheck.

Is a repti fogger one of these misting systems? Or do you need like a rain kinda thing??

people will say mistking mostly, its costly but its easy to set up and you dont really have to worry much, just remember to add more water lol. Personally i made diy automatic mister (wich cost me 40buks total and runs great) but i dont recommend that cuz people tend to spend more time and money on it in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom