Mistaking timer stop working

Zevil

Avid Member
It's my mistake, I accidentally spilled water when I was refilling my reservoir bucket. And the water hit the Mistking timer. At first the led lights went crazy and jumbled. Then I try switching the power off and on, the timer screen went black screen. I bought it on Dec 2018, not sure if the warranty cover this. It's also expensive to get it shipped. Maybe there's an alternative?

It's my mistake, I accidentally spilled water when I was refilling my reservoir bucket. And the water hit the Mistking timer. At first the led lights went crazy and jumbled. Then I try switching the power off and on, the timer screen went black screen. I bought it on Dec 2018, not sure if the warranty cover this. It's also expensive to get it shipped. Maybe there's an alternative?
You could try submerging it in rice and see if it pulls the water out.... sometimes you can save phones this way...

As an Asian, I feel embarrassed that I didn't thought of that. I just submerged the timer in a container of rice. Hopefully it will be fine.
Lol I personally have never used this method but a friend did and it worked with her phone. I hope it works. Ya might google how long it takes to dry out a phone. I don’t remember but I think it took hers like 5 days.

That’s a old trick that is a hit or miss but for anyone out there if you ever spill water on your Mistking electronics turn it off and never try to power it back up you when you do this it will do more damage. Just think about it you are putting electric power to a system that is wet on the motherboard this is where you will fry the board. Hopefully it’s ok still but it will take a few days to a week to dry out so leave it in your rice or just anywhere out to dry out completely don’t get impatient and try to plug it back in before it’s totally dry.

Well I have to plug in every morning now for the mistking to work and plug it off. Josh's frogs have the cheapest timer for now. I will keep trying to let the timer dry out for the time being. =/

FYI you can use the code REPTILIANGARDEN at Josh's frogs to get 15% off :)

Back
Top Bottom