Mist System

SycoSquirl

I'm looking for the highest rated mist system that you experienced chameleon owners use, I will be getting it when I get my big cage before going back to school so I know my 9 month old veiled chameleon will be taken care of while I am at school all day and work as well. So mistking, monsoon rainfall, or reptirain? Thanks much in advance for the opinions shared here =D

I have an Aquazamp and a Mistking. They're both excellent systems. I run a low profile Rain Dome from Aquazamp on both of them, and have been very happy with them.

Mist King

Easy to install, you will need two buckets, one for reservoir, and one for drainage. It provides a fine steady mist, but the mist diameter cannot be adjusted, only the angle of the mist. Very good.

Aquazamp/Raindome

Never had one, but seen them in action. They look pretty good, not very clunky looking, again, you will need a reservoir bucket and a drain bucket, it is quite quiet and provides very light mist and light rain. It is great.

I have a Monsoon mister, have had it for over 3 years and have never had any problem with it. I created my own rain dome kit similar to the mist king version only a little taller to create a wider area of mist. You can use the same diameter tubing with both mist king and monsoon systems, same with the nozzle's. What ever you choose im sure it will work out to your personal tastes in the end.

You cant go wrong with aquazamp or mist king systems.

+1
Both systems are good, and all the fittings are interchangable.

What kind of cham do you have?

I have found that a rain system works better then the mist nozzles.
With my guyz, they were never drinking from the misting, they actually hated it, and would run for cover.
So, I tried the rain dome. Nice idea, but I didnt like it. It only "rains" in a small patch, so unless the cham just happens to be under it when it goes off, fine, but most of the time, they are not.

I devised my own rain system, I call it the Rain Ring!!
It's installed to the top of the cage on the inside, using small wire ties, and the rain covers the whole area, so when it goes off, they have no choice but to be under it.
They also like the rain drops. They dont run and hide.

that is so cool! How does your cham like the rain in the whole cage? Does it make it feel more natural to its original environment?
I have a veiled chameleon btw

Back
Top Bottom