Mist King

Horaceunit

Established Member
So I am in the process of setting up a 2x2x4 enclosure. Still in the process of setting it up and I have a Monsoon 2 that I will probably start out with but I know (now) that I will want to switch over to a mist king prior to getting a chameleon. While there isn't a lot of difference in price between the starter version 4.0 and 5.0 I am occasionally running across good deals on the 4.0 version. Anyone have both or used both and have any opinions on the differences? It will be used on one chameleon enclosure only so I won't be looking to expand beyond 2 mist heads. Just wondering if there is a big difference that makes the 5.0 worth the extra $20-30? Thanks!

So I am in the process of setting up a 2x2x4 enclosure. Still in the process of setting it up and I have a Monsoon 2 that I will probably start out with but I know (now) that I will want to switch over to a mist king prior to getting a chameleon. While there isn't a lot of difference in price between the starter version 4.0 and 5.0 I am occasionally running across good deals on the 4.0 version. Anyone have both or used both and have any opinions on the differences? It will be used on one chameleon enclosure only so I won't be looking to expand beyond 2 mist heads. Just wondering if there is a big difference that makes the 5.0 worth the extra $20-30? Thanks!
So the versions are that they have made something better... Just ensure that the one you get comes with the seconds timer as it is really the best timer. The starter will run up to 10 nozzles. But it only comes with one nozzle. I believe the other models come with additional nozzles. So check this. If you are wanting to run two, the nozzles themselves get pricey. I buy all my extra mistking stuff from Josh's frogs as they have the best prices I have found. https://www.joshsfrogs.com/instantsearchplus/result/?q=mistking

The difference between versions 4 & 5 is the timer.
IDK what the difference in timers is, but when I bought mine, the MK site still offered both versions. I just checked, and now, V4 is only available via Amazon. Dealers may have them, but I suspect it is being discontinued.

I have V5, and can't say I'm sorry. I didn't find it very intuitive, but there are several good videos on YT on how to setup/program it. Once programmed, you should be good. So far, it has kept the programming through several short (less than 12 hrs) outages (obviously the pump didn't run).

You will need at least one additional nozzle (with a T fitting).

Back
Top Bottom