Mist King

It goes between your supply line and the fitting for the mist head as @Graves923 mentioned. I'm sure mist king has the push to connect fitting version. I'm pretty sure I saw one on climist too when looking there before as well. Fyi, the rainbird version does not have a stopper it just keeps rotating so watch where your arrow is pointing when adjusting. Mind you, I am NOT using a Mist King nor Climist pump but, I am using climist mist heads. My pump came from amazon(different pump then the one in the linked thread though) and is rated up to 116 psi with the cutoff set to 80 psi. I have my supply set up like this one with a ball valve at the supply cracked open about 1/8 to 1/4, https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/my-diy-rain-nozzle-misting-system-for-under-75.159973/. I can go further into detail if you wish but I know long posts bore some people sooo.....
Thank you! No, I don't mind a long post if it's helpful. Does Mist King sell the valve needed on their website? Go into as much detail as you'd like. It's appreciated.

It goes between your supply line and the fitting for the mist head as @Graves923 mentioned. I'm sure mist king has the push to connect fitting version. I'm pretty sure I saw one on climist too when looking there before as well. Fyi, the rainbird version does not have a stopper it just keeps rotating so watch where your arrow is pointing when adjusting. Mind you, I am NOT using a Mist King nor Climist pump but, I am using climist mist heads. My pump came from amazon(different pump then the one in the linked thread though) and is rated up to 116 psi with the cutoff set to 80 psi. I have my supply set up like this one with a ball valve at the supply cracked open about 1/8 to 1/4, https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/my-diy-rain-nozzle-misting-system-for-under-75.159973/. I can go further into detail if you wish but I know long posts bore some people sooo.....
Thank you! And yes please, I'm all for details lol. Can you look and see what the name is of the Mist King part your talking about, if they have it?

Google mist king ball valve and it pulls it up. How many cages/ mist heads are you looking to run off the pump?

Last edited:
Ok, well you can do an arduino and multiple solenoid valves but, to me at least, that route would be cost prohibitive. The ball valve with let you cut the flow down going to that 1 cage for the drier species. You can "build your own" system like others have done, myself included, which puts most of the cost into the mist heads themselves depending on what you're doing design wise. I'll try to go into more detail on mine this weekend if you would like but, my initial cost was around $115 if I remember correctly with 2 single and 1 double mist heads. I have changed things around since I first set it up due to being told I couldn't do something that I managed to do when I initially set out designing my mister layout though. I do have a few things I need to get done this weekend though so it may take me a bit. Have you given any thought to using soaker hose instead of mist heads?

i have what you need its an easy set up you just need a few things i have the same setup for my aeroponics system just put the solenoid on a T with a timer hooked up to it where you want the spray to be the pressure tanks makes it where your pump doesn't have to cut on when you spray and this way you always have water pressure when you need it

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 136
Back
Top Bottom