Mist King

ahood

Hey guys, if you have a Mist King misting more than one enclosure, can each enclosure have its own customized misting time intervals, or can you only have the same misting time interval for each cage? I want to use one Mist King for multiple enclosures, but they're not the same species and require different amounts of moisture.

Sadly the timer runs the pump so it sprays all the cages at the same time and interval. You have three options that I know of.
1) buy two systems $$$
2) give the more moisture needy species additional hand mistings daily.
3) Put the "drier" species at the far end of the run and put a valve in the line you can close down a bit to restrict some of the flow.

Sadly the timer runs the pump so it sprays all the cages at the same time and interval. You have three options that I know of.
1) buy two systems $$$
2) give the more moisture needy species additional hand mistings daily.
3) Put the "drier" species at the far end of the run and put a valve in the line you can close down a bit to restrict some of the flow.
Thanks for the info and advice! Can you explain option 3 to me in detail (assume I know nothing) lol. How would I put a valve in the line?

You need a valve like this to cut the line and insert. I'm not positive this will take the pressure. You will need to confirm with others. Mistking or Climist may sell them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.01.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.01.43 AM.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 150
That rainbird valve is the same one that I'm using to separate my mist heads from my soaker hose. Home Depot has the 2 pack for $1.97. They should be fine at the end of a run I think. They are rated up to 40 psi.

That rainbird valve is the same one that I'm using to separate my mist heads from my soaker hose. Home Depot has the 2 pack for $1.97. They should be fine at the end of a run I think. They are rated up to 40 psi.
Thanks for the tip! Where exactly do you put it? I'm about to order my first Mist King. I've never had one before.

Hey, this is going to be a weird question but, I'm new here and I don't know how to post a thread or anything? I only found out how to comment. I went to the "forum" thing but it shows no option to post a thread :(

Hey, this is going to be a weird question but, I'm new here and I don't know how to post a thread or anything? I only found out how to comment. I went to the "forum" thing but it shows no option to post a thread :(
I already told you that you click on the forums list, choose a forum, and at the top of that category it will say "Post New Thread".

I was thinking the same thing but I joined around sept, 10th I just haven't posted or really done anything until now <3
Please just PM someone so that this person can continue his or her thread. To start one, click on the member's avatar, and click "Start a Conversation".

Please just PM someone so that this person can continue his or her thread. To start one, click on the member's avatar, and click "Start a Conversation".
Omg, thank you so much, it finally popped up :D u appreciate this so much! And sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not very good with new technology lol <3

Thanks for the tip! Where exactly do you put it? I'm about to order my first Mist King. I've never had one before.

It goes between your supply line and the fitting for the mist head as @Graves923 mentioned. I'm sure mist king has the push to connect fitting version. I'm pretty sure I saw one on climist too when looking there before as well. Fyi, the rainbird version does not have a stopper it just keeps rotating so watch where your arrow is pointing when adjusting. Mind you, I am NOT using a Mist King nor Climist pump but, I am using climist mist heads. My pump came from amazon(different pump then the one in the linked thread though) and is rated up to 116 psi with the cutoff set to 80 psi. I have my supply set up like this one with a ball valve at the supply cracked open about 1/8 to 1/4, https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/my-diy-rain-nozzle-misting-system-for-under-75.159973/. I can go further into detail if you wish but I know long posts bore some people sooo.....

Back
Top Bottom