Mist king value???

krknieriem

I just ordered a mist king ($99 version) plus the screen top wedge for my 1 and only cham, does anyone have any reviews or suggestions for this system, im trying to automate my setup as much as I can? I was concerned I was not misting enough( I cant do it while im at work) Does anyone know how many gallons it will burn through in a day?
I just wish I could run a drain line to completely automate it but oh well, maybe I will get there someday:cool::cool:

im thinking of using either a 2.5 or 3 gallon bucket to dump and refill on a daily basis is that sufficient

with one nozzle it will be hard to burn through even a gallon a day.

i had two nozzles hooked up and a 5gal bucket would last me a weekish and i mist for about 40 minutes a day

That is awesome, this is going to cut down on my maintenance so much not having to stand there 5 minutes at a time with a spray bottle, and it will be able to get done while i am away, do any of you use the drip attachement ant should I add that to my order?

You can run a drain line to a 5 gal bucket. I use one of the drain trays with a hole drilled for the valve that the hose attaches to and stick the end in my bucket. Don't forget to leave the valve all the way open.

Laurie I like your idea of a tub with a drain nozzle on the front, then i dont have to modify(cut one of the drawers and part of the shelf) my cabinet so much, This forum has been very helpfull critiqing my setup as a new cham owner I dont know how it would have worked out without it

That is awesome, this is going to cut down on my maintenance so much not having to stand there 5 minutes at a time with a spray bottle, and it will be able to get done while i am away, do any of you use the drip attachement ant should I add that to my order?

You mean the zip drip valve? You don't really need it.

I find the Mist King one of the most valuable adds to my collection. Its saves me a lot of time plus the animals really seem to enjoy it. I've seen some of my chameleons actually coming towards the nozzle as soon as they see water coming out and they show bright colorations in the meantime.

I hope you got also the timer, with it you can adjust the mist frequency depending on your humidity needs.

As for drainage, what I did I got a plastic rain gutter and put it below my cages, then I just tilted the cages a little bit so water just falls on to the gutter. At the end of the gutter I added a spout to my drain. I guess you can actually put the spout to a bucket if needed.

mistking is actually not an expensive piece of equipment, but a durable and heavy duty piece at that. i've bought 2 systems, 1 ultimate and 1 basic, i will be adding another ultimate to my more moderate humidity herps (crested geckos, tokays and red eyes). it works wonders and a great value. i know that shipping usually does it, but hit up an expo when marty is working if money is tight, and he will work with you. marty is great to work with

Back
Top Bottom