Mist king timer wont turn on!

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
So last night my mistking nozzle clogged up. I took it off the cage and ran water through it, and put it back. Tested it and it worked just fine. Now today the timer wont turn on. I tried pressing the buttons and normally it'll flash on but its completely black. Yes I did make sure its plugged in.

When I first received mine, one of the wire leads had come loose from the plugs. I had to reconnect it. Just throwing something out there.

I've had it for a few weeks now, and it has been working fine. As far as I know nothing got wet. I tried disconnecting it from the mistking itself and and reconnecting it, and that didnt work. What could've happened?

It turned on for about a minute, and is now black screen again.

The time was up-to-date, it wasn't behind. Could the screen itself just be dead?

If I remember right the timer will retain settings for something like 24 hrs on a loss of power. I forget where I saw that. How long was the screen blank?

Uhhh probably 8-10 hours-ish. Its plugged into power, and when it did come on the time was up to date, not behind like it would be if it were off. The settings were good aswell. Emailed mistking to see what they say.

It's possible the timer module is bad. Check every wire with a tug test. Make sure nothing fits loose in sockets and connection points. The clips that split the power between the pump and timer is where I'd look first. The wires are crimped to a terminal which is supposed to lock in the plug. Sometimes the terminals aren't crimped correctly which can lead to intermittent issues like this

It's possible the timer module is bad. Check every wire with a tug test. Make sure nothing fits loose in sockets and connection points. The clips that split the power between the pump and timer is where I'd look first. The wires are crimped to a terminal which is supposed to lock in the plug. Sometimes the terminals aren't crimped correctly which can lead to intermittent issues like this
I agree , when I ordered mine I was pissed because one of the terminals for the clips was loose so it wasn't making contact .... to me hours trying to figure it out sigh ....

Everything is connecting right. I sent photos of it to Mistking and waiting for a reply. Thank you for the help!

Back
Top Bottom