Mist King Question

ChameleonBoss

I set up a 24" x 24" x 48" cage and I'm going to order a Mist King and I'm a Lil confused on what things I'll need the one I'm looking at is the Starter Misting System for $99, but what add-ons do I need or do you suggest?

I do want the part that makes it able to be mounted in the corner is that a wedge peice?

Do you recommend upgrading the pump to a 125-100?

What's a Zip Drip Valve and do I need it?

Thanks this is a Lil confusing the way to order it.

I ordered the starter kit and bought 1 wedge piece and that's all you need. I only have 1 chameleon so 1 nozzle was all I needed. If you need more than one nozzle you'll have to buy the upgraded kit. You don't need to upgrade the pump and the zip drip valve just makes sure that water doesn't leak from the pump. It's easy to setup and is a great misting system!

I ordered the starter kit and bought 1 wedge piece and that's all you need. I only have 1 chameleon so 1 nozzle was all I needed. If you need more than one nozzle you'll have to buy the upgraded kit. You don't need to upgrade the pump and the zip drip valve just makes sure that water doesn't leak from the pump. It's easy to setup and is a great misting system!

Cool thanks, I was going to order the aquazamp but after I read a blog on here about the Mist King I decided to go with that, so just the starter with a corner wedge is all, and it's all automated?

Just a little food for thought.

Some people report that their chams hate getting misted but you'd be hard pressed to find someone that says their cham hates having it rain on them. That Aquazamp system has the raindome and that would provide the rain like scenario. Dont get me wrong, Ive read nothing but good things about the mistking but considering the risk you run of your cham disliking misting. Just something to think about.

Just a little food for thought.

Some people report that their chams hate getting misted but you'd be hard pressed to find someone that says their cham hates having it rain on them. That Aquazamp system has the raindome and that would provide the rain like scenario. Dont get me wrong, Ive read nothing but good things about the mistking but considering the risk you run of your cham disliking misting. Just something to think about.

Thanks, I've heard that too, but I've been reading and researching a lot and seeing the more routine you have with the Cham the better and that they eventually get use to it, but we'll see what happens.

Even if you wanted to get 2-5 nozzles, you will be fine with the starter system. That's more than enough. I forget if the starter kit already includes the timer or not, but defintiely get the timer. That way it's fully automated.

And I've never met a chameleon that hated being misted, I think people assume that because they spray their animal directly and spook them (imagine going from nice and toasty to being sprayed with cold water - eck!) and assume they don't like it. But you want to aim the nozzle so that the chameleon isn't sprayed when basking and you'll see that they end up choosing to walk into the mist and get a nice soaking, wash out their eyes, drink, etc.

The starter kit runs 10 nozzles I think.

If you have that size cage, I suggest getting 2 nozzles.

I have 3 cages that size and run 2 on each because I feel it provides more water over a larger area for him.

If you run two, you'll need a t joint to split the hoses.

I have the starter Mist King setup with one nozzle and it is perfect. My cham loves the mist, but I pointed the nozzle so that he has areas that he can get out of the spray if he wants.

Even if later down the road you decide you want the raindome from aquazamp, im pretty sure its comaptible with the mistking kits.

Even if you wanted to get 2-5 nozzles, you will be fine with the starter system. That's more than enough. I forget if the starter kit already includes the timer or not, but defintiely get the timer. That way it's fully automated.

And I've never met a chameleon that hated being misted, I think people assume that because they spray their animal directly and spook them (imagine going from nice and toasty to being sprayed with cold water - eck!) and assume they don't like it. But you want to aim the nozzle so that the chameleon isn't sprayed when basking and you'll see that they end up choosing to walk into the mist and get a nice soaking, wash out their eyes, drink, etc.

Yeah, this makes sense. I havnt ever experienced an issue with misting myself but have just read a lot of peoples posts stating that their chams act harshly towards it. But I suppose if I was enjoying basking in the sun and someone came up and started spraying me down I might get a little testy too. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom