Mist King--Question about Zip-Drip Valve

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
One more question.

I am short of tubing for my Mist King because I didn't realize I needed to have twice as much tubing, that the ZipDrip valve makes a complete loop in the system.

The ZipDrip valve depressurizes the system as soon as the pump is turned off so zero (zip) drip.

In the diagrams, the pressurized water leaves the pump, travels through the misters and continues on to the ZipDrip valve, which is connected behind the pump to the unpressurized line between the reservoir and the pump forming a loop.

The valve is wired into the pump, so when the pump is on, the valve is closed allowing pressure to built up in the lines. As soon as the pump turns off, the valve is opened, immediately dropping the pressure of the line so there is no drip. There is some sort of a check valve in the misters as well. They are the upgraded misters.

My question is--since I am short of tubing--can I make that loop from just on the pressurized side of the pump, back around to the unpressurized side? That gives me an extra 10' or so of tubing.

My understanding is that when the pump is on, the ZipDrip valve is closed so it should not make any difference.

My concern is whether there is air introduced into the system from the mister heads when the pump is turned off.

If I have the loop after the first mister, even if air is introduced, as long as the pump is sealed between the pressurized side and the reservoir side of the pump, air entering the system at the misters won't enter the line to the first mister because it is sealed at the bottom. The corollary is that when I turn it on, pressurized water is available to the first mister immediately.

I don't have extra tubing to waste, fooling around testing it.

Thoughts please.

Attachments

• Schematic for MistKing ZipDrip 001.jpg
    Schematic for MistKing ZipDrip 001.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 287
Back
Top Bottom