MIST KING HAS NEXT TO NO PRESSURE?

Lee123

Hey guys

So I’ve had my mist king for about a year and have been using hard water for it... I noticed a build up on my misters but didn’t think much because they were still misting properly.

a few days ago the mist pressure had dropped dramatically so I let them soak in a solution to clear any calcium etc..

So now I’ve put them back on and started
Running water through them I noticed only one was working. So I took off the nozzles and let the water run through most of the plastic attachment and realized the pumps having trouble keeping high pressure and only one line seems to work.

Sorry this is long, I think the pumps no good, really not sure I can send videos to help if that’s Possible on here

without nozzles, it should shoot out like a pressure washer....

They are just retrofited reverse osmosis booster pumps. You should not be able to kill one using hardwater.

Since they are self priming, you could try running it without a nozzle for 5-10 min. Again if its not coming out like a garden hose with your thumb on it, something is wrong.

This is a better video, i would only remove the head and make sure the 3 shakers are moving. If you can find out who makes the pump, they do sell rebuild kits for the under the sink versions, since they should be rebuilt every 3-5 years.

Last edited:
Don’t know if anyone could help me with this, but I’m having the Same issue, I have primed the pump, replaced lines, checked connections, reposition pump / reservoir. But the water gets stuck half way up the first hose and I don’t get even a spray.

Don’t know if anyone could help me with this, but I’m having the Same issue, I have primed the pump, replaced lines, checked connections, reposition pump / reservoir. But the water gets stuck half way up the first hose and I don’t get even a spray.

Might be the spray heads are clogged. If they have a small mineral build up they can get clogged and the back pressure will slow or stop the pump.

I would:
Remove one of the spray heads and run the pump (aim the tube nito a bucket), if it fires water the head is the problem.
If no water, either the pump is the problem or one of the lines (from your bucket to the pump or the pump to the head) is the problem.

If its the head you can soak it in a 50/50 vinegar water solution overnight, gently shake it every hour or two, and see if that works, otherwise its new head time.

Might be the spray heads are clogged. If they have a small mineral build up they can get clogged and the back pressure will slow or stop the pump.

I would:
Remove one of the spray heads and run the pump (aim the tube nito a bucket), if it fires water the head is the problem.
If no water, either the pump is the problem or one of the lines (from your bucket to the pump or the pump to the head) is the problem.

If its the head you can soak it in a 50/50 vinegar water solution overnight, gently shake it every hour or two, and see if that works, otherwise its new head time.
Thanks for your reply! I tried everything expect soaking the nozzles in the mix. I will try that and see if that is the issue, I was tinkering with the wire and I noticed the water was not
Pumping up the hose to the first nozzle, when I held the hose up like it normally is it would not build enough pressure to rise up the hose. But when I lowered the hose closer to the pump water would shoot out.

Back
Top Bottom