Missing target

Crossingtami

Avid Member
My karma has recently, occasionally been 'missing' his bug target. He's coming up on 4 yrs old. Nothing has changed in his supplements, environment, lighting, etc. Any thoughts, info and help please. Thanks.

When was the last time you replaced UVB? Which supplements are you using and when last did you buy new?

Uvb changed every 6 months. Repashy supercal noD every feed, multivitamin w D 1 time every 2 weeks. I replace w a new bottle every 6 months when I change the uvb.

Maybe I should add that he doesn't 'miss' all the time. Its only occasionally. But it's happening a bit more often lately

What is the exact multivitamin your using?
Omg. I just looked at my noD bottle. (I replaced it 06/23) but the expiration date says 01/22! I didn't check the label when I replaced it. So, my cham has been getting expired supplements for 4 months. Could this be the problem?

Omg. I just looked at my noD bottle. (I replaced it 06/23) but the expiration date says 01/22! I didn't check the label when I replaced it. So, my cham has been getting expired supplements for 4 months. Could this be the problem?
I just ordered a new bottle...

I dont know... I have not heard of plain calcium causing an issue. Just old multivitamin because the vitamin A is degraded over time.

Missing his bug. Just sometimes.

Attachments

• 16971325614541569099559024694113.jpg
    16971325614541569099559024694113.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 16971326104435174387248338067933.jpg
    16971326104435174387248338067933.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 25
So something more is going on here. He is very thin.... Casque and cheeks are sunk in. This can be a sign of illness. How much is he eating and how often?

This is the one that had MBD correct?

Yes, when he was a baby. He eats 3-4 bugs per feeding every other day. Mostly dubias. He's been eating silkworms for the last month or so. He gets crickets and superworms about 1 x a week also

Yes, when he was a baby. He eats 3-4 bugs per feeding every other day. Mostly dubias. He's been eating silkworms for the last month or so. He gets crickets and superworms about 1 x a week also
Ok something is wrong... With that food intake he should not be this thin. Have you done a fecal test lately?

Hes 131g. No fecal lately. His poop has always looked the same so I haven't done one. I will asap with his next poop
I would... My concern is that he is sick or in decline. You see this thinning where the casque and cheeks cave in with both very sick chams and chams that are close to passing. Not to scare you but I just want to be clear that this would be cause for concern if he were mine. Now his eye turrets are still full which is good. If these start going in then he is in trouble.

I would... My concern is that he is sick or in decline. You see this thinning where the casque and cheeks cave in with both very sick chams and chams that are close to passing. Not to scare you but I just want to be clear that this would be cause for concern if he were mine. Now his eye turrets are still full which is good. If these start going in then he is in trouble.
Oh ok. Hes not even 4 yrs old yet. I'm getting him in to see his reptile vet asap with a fecal too.

Back
Top Bottom