Missing target

Karma saw his reptile/exotic vet. Fecal came back clear. Blood checked also. Vet says husbandry, vitamins, food schedule are good. She wants to increase food intake to get some weight back on him. Says possibility of just being old and nearing end of life. I told her that he's not quite 4 yrs old and she explained that ave lifespan is just average not guaranteed.

Karma saw his reptile/exotic vet. Fecal came back clear. Blood checked also. Vet says husbandry, vitamins, food schedule are good. She wants to increase food intake to get some weight back on him. Says possibility of just being old and nearing end of life. I told her that he's not quite 4 yrs old and she explained that ave lifespan is just average not guaranteed.
I’m glad that all of the tests came back normal, but that does leave age as a possible cause for Karma ‘s current condition. :confused: I too had a problem earlier this year thinking of my 4 year old chams as being old. While some can and do live up to 7 or 8 years, they are technically old at about 4 and can start slowing down or having changes, as you are seeing. Make whatever adjustments needed for Karma to be able to grab his food easier and add some of the fatty ‘treat’ feeders like waxworms and superworms to his regular diet. Maybe add in more silkworms too. If you haven’t been weighing him, I’d suggest to start doing so.

Back
Top Bottom