Missing nails!!!

Juancito

I was watching my Jackson chameleon climb and I noticed that he was missing some of his nails! on one of his hind feet he is missing all three nails and then on one of front feet he broke two of his nails. they are still there but you can tell they are broken. he still climbs perfectly fine as he is upside down on his cage right now but this has me worried. do they grow their nails back like humans or are they never coming back or what????????? can someone help me

If they are missing completely they will not grow back. If they are just broken off, then they should grow back longer again.

yes he should be ok. Sometimes if they lose a nail the area can become infected so just watch for swelling, discharge or discoloration of any sort.

yes he should be ok. Sometimes if they lose a nail the area can become infected so just watch for swelling, discharge or discoloration of any sort.

I was just going to ask about this because this is what I am worried about. I hope it doesn't get infected :(

One of my chameleons lost a nail and I never even noticed it right away. It never got infected or anything. Try not to worry too much about it!!

One of my chameleons lost a nail and I never even noticed it right away. It never got infected or anything. Try not to worry too much about it!![/QUO

ill try not to, I appreciate you and the other member giving me advice about this thank you!

Back
Top Bottom