Mis-treated Bearded Dragon.

As some1 else has said in the uk you call the police and they send the rspca does something like that in the usa not happen? Poor boy id just take him actually i honestly don't think your mate would care if you did not as if he/she is bothered now is it?

If you ever watch the show hoarders, you know that these type of people have true mental issues. You are not going to be dealing with people who think like you or I. They probably see nothing wrong with the care they are giving. I am glad to see that you care and hope there is something that you can do to help the animals.

If you ever watch the show hoarders, you know that these type of people have true mental issues. You are not going to be dealing with people who think like you or I. They probably see nothing wrong with the care they are giving. I am glad to see that you care and hope there is something that you can do to help the animals.

By watching that show, I figured out that they are actual hoarders. I haven't had time on my phone for the past few days so I can now contact the humane society. I have been pretty busy the past few days due to my grandfather's passing, so if you don't hear much from this for the next few days, its because I am with family.

Much appreciated for all of your help,
Zac

By watching that show, I figured out that they are actual hoarders. I haven't had time on my phone for the past few days so I can now contact the humane society. I have been pretty busy the past few days due to my grandfather's passing, so if you don't hear much from this for the next few days, its because I am with family.

Much appreciated for all of your help,
Zac

Sorry to hear about your grandfather Zac, thoughts are with you and your family. I lost my grandmother just before xmas heartbreaking!

ugh..

So I need to update this thread.. :(

Well, tomorrow I will be taking my first action in rescuing these animals, i will be taking the Bearded Dragon in since it is the only one I have space for.. The turtles, are hopefully going to the pet store so she can revive them if they are still alive, and then the dog and cat are going to the shelter..

This is tearing me apart on the inside right now.. :( I'm litterally taking my friends pets away! :( How do people do it? I understand he doesn't care for them and it's the animals welfare, but at the same time it's my friend that I'm basically ruining my friendship over.. If he ever finds out.. He won't know why they are taken, and that I am behind this.. :( I can't talk to him for quite sometime and I can't have him over ever again, because the Bearded Dragon will be at my house.. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this ordeal.. :(

I plan to keep the dragon, there are not really many people around here that keep reptiles and know how to correctly care for them. If I can find a new home for it, than I will be re-homing it. Tomorrow is the day that I call the Humane Society, if not Monday, I think having some pictures on hand will help them understand the situation a bit more.

I was wondering if he was willing to give them up? People like that tend to not think about the well being of the animal in question unfortunately. I hope you get em before its too late to do anything to save them....

The bearded can probably be saved, but turtles I have heard are harder to rehab after poor husbandry.

I hope you get the animals all sorted out. If he is your friend then I'm sure he will understand if you talk to him in a civilized way. Good luck!

I was wondering if he was willing to give them up? People like that tend to not think about the well being of the animal in question unfortunately. I hope you get em before its too late to do anything to save them....

The bearded can probably be saved, but turtles I have heard are harder to rehab after poor husbandry.

Turtles are quit easy to re-hab. you just need to get the water quality to be stable and get them on a good diet and feeding schedule and making sure they have a big enough setup. I am hoping to get something back from them within the next few days.

I have a bearded dragon that went through a period of almost starvation and improper lighting when I rescued him; so far he is flourishing and is an amazing little guy... I say little because he will likely always be smaller than most (as yours may be) but he is happy, healthy and seems to really appreciate getting fed on a regular basis...lol :D

So Tomorrow, I will be doing a follow up. I have a friend coming with me for support and they have seen the disaster as well. I will keep you all posted.
Zac

I would gladly help with the turtles, I rehabbed one whose shell was cracked open by a car just about a month ago after someone brought him into work. The problem is that I'm in Ohio, obviously... :eek:

I would gladly help with the turtles, I rehabbed one whose shell was cracked open by a car just about a month ago after someone brought him into work. The problem is that I'm in Ohio, obviously... :eek:

Road trip. c; They just need a nice new home.. I have sent so many text's and called so many times. I'm running out of ideas.
:(

Back
Top Bottom