Minimum nighttime temperature T. quadricornis

Miss Machine

Since this weekend I am the proud owner of a pair T. quad quad. Male is 11 months and female is 5 months.
The temperatures getting higher here in Europe. Daytime temperatures reach 66f and nighttime reaches 42.

What is the minimum nighttime temps for this species? If its possible then i would like to house them outside for the upcoming months.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

I don't know the answer because I've never kept them that low, but back in the 90s I read a magazine article by a guy in the UK breeding them in a converted garden shed. He wrote that as long as temperatures didn't freeze, they did great. He figured as long as the plants did not suffer cold damage, the lizards would not either.

This is much lower than the things I have read about their native range. For that matter, so is the 42 yours are doing fine at. But I haven't looked into it too closely. It has been years since I kept and bred them.

Last edited:
minimum temp for t,quadricornis would be about 55-60 for nitetime IMO
i like to be at about 60-65
and congats the quads are awsome:)

I have kept quads, both CB and WC, in temps. outside ranging from 40F/night to 95F/day time high. They have done fine on both ends...they aren't as sensitive as many people make them out to be. Prolonged exposure to extreme temps. of any kind is not wise of course.

Kevin

Miss Machine- I misunderstood and thought you were already keeping them at 41 when I replied with info from that article so I did not respond with my own experience which was not as low as that temperature. I personally kept them down to 50 with no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom