might be in the wrong section. Chewing on branches?

squeekz1992

Hello all!
Can any of you tell me why Kuzco has decided to chew on his branches? It's one branch in particular but its been with him forever. The behavior started like 6 days ago? And he seems to do it when I'm not "paying attention" to him.
Thanks!

He's 19 months old. There haven't been any dietary or supplementary changes. But he has had to have Tobramycin drops in one eye for the past 2 weeks although his eye is much better now.
I'm thinking it may be boredom?

Rupert used to do it. I'd offer him a selection of insects, but he would chomp on bark instead.. I just shaved all bark off. He doesn't do it anymore, at least I don't see it, I think it's just curiosity

Good to know. I thought he was going insane. Lol he seems to do it when he wants out and i don't let him. He's driving me crazy haha

Smeagie used to chew on one particular numb on a branch untill I started giving him greens (mustard or Romain).
He loves his greens, and I havent seen him chewing the stick since.

But he also used to chew on the soft plastic dripper hanging out of the roof of the cage.
He would chew it, grab it, and try to pull it down!!

I had to keep replacing it with a new one.

He stopped when he got a little older :rolleyes:

I wonder is giving Kuzco greens would help?? I doubt he'd eat them because he's a panther, but maybe it is worth a shot!:)
I think its odd for him to have started this behavior at almost a year & a half old tho lol.

OH NO! What if chameleons go thru the terrible two's as well!?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Oh! I didnt know he is a 2 year old panther!

That makes a difference!
I have never seen any of my chams chew on stuff when they pasted about 8 months old.
So, I dont know why he is doing it, but I would check the inside of his mouth real well to see if there is anything abnormal around his teeth.
Maybe he has something on his teeth and he is chewing the stick to dis-lodge it!?

Or, maybe only dogs do that!! :confused:

Maybe it's a mineral/vitamin thing? What supplements are you using/how often? Maybe you can try adding an extra day and see if that helps? If the multi-vitamin doesn't have minerals, maybe try using minerall?

I'm on the same page,, chewing on bark or dirt is a sign of lac of minerals or vitamins.I to would ad minerall to your supliments.
Maybe it's a mineral/vitamin thing? What supplements are you using/how often? Maybe you can try adding an extra day and see if that helps? If the multi-vitamin doesn't have minerals, maybe try using minerall?

Did it ever occur to you that chewing on bark, to include ingesting some, just as in eating dirt, is a normal part of their nutritional intake ? That they obtain vitamins and minerals from places other than live bugs and some greens ?

Eh ?

Back
Top Bottom