Midwest living

jeff138

Living in the midwest can be tough in the winters but we are finally getting some nice weather! So some of my guys are getting to go outside (under close watch) just wanted to share some of my chams outdoor adventures with these pictures

Attachments

• DSC_0297.jpg
    DSC_0297.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC_0365.jpg
    DSC_0365.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 133
ohh you lucky to be outside already i cant wait to get out with my guys, im in Ontario, Canada soooo.... nice pics and chams

I just moved to North Carolina from Indianapolis almost 2 years ago... gotta say, I don't miss the weather.

I am from Chicago originally and moved to Florida 23 yrs ago. I was up there for three weeks last month and hated every minute of it!!!lol! I think I saw the sun for a total of two days! Glad the weather is starting to turn for you. I can't imagine what I would do if I couldn't take my cham outdoors! Nice looking pair you have there by the way! Where abouts do you live exactly?. I lived in Chicago for most of my childhood and then moved to a South suburb called South Holland. Ever heard of it?

yeah it can be harsh, I live in the western suburbs (downers grove) and yes I have heard of it but have never been, and thanks I am trying to raise them right:D

Indy sux and so does the Midwest. But hey we have the mounth of May and I am stuck here. Bye Bye cold weather and hello REAL UVB!!!!

Midwest is the best! You are lucky though, this past Sunday us in Central Wisco got hit with like 10" of ice and snow. Just the other day I was outside having a cig and saw most of the snow was gone from my yard. I was thinking within the next 2 days I might be able to take my chams out for some real sunlight then BOOOM! Snow snow snow and more snow. Wouldn't have it any other way though myself, just sucks for my chams. Good thing they don't know what they are missing yet :p

CANT WAIT TILL THE STORM SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA LEAVES !!

:) i <3 California (minus the high price of everything and its rainy season)

What temps do you start taking your chams outside? I'm in the midwest also but I was thinking it would need to be quite a bit warmer than it was before that ice/snow storm to take them out. I am excited to get them outside but I don't want to do it too soon either.

As long as it is sunny you can take them out in the 50's but I would not keep them out all day in that or anything. I always go by, if I am warm in the sun, then they are warm in the sun. I live in FLA so I don't have to worry about that too much but we do get some cold snaps here and there. I don't hesitate to take my cham out in the 60's but again for short periods of time cause they have to be able to warm up.

Indy sux and so does the Midwest. But hey we have the mounth of May and I am stuck here. Bye Bye cold weather and hello REAL UVB!!!!

Yeah, I don't miss the weather, but I do miss Indy..... lived there all my life. I miss going downtown, and of course all my friends there.

Come to the U.K most of our summers are just rain rain and more rain and if we are lucky we'll get 5mins of sun a day. lol Great pics by the way.

yeah it can be harsh, I live in the western suburbs (downers grove) and yes I have heard of it but have never been, and thanks I am trying to raise them right:D

Hi Jeff:

I am in Bolingbrook (right next to you). I keep my chammies outdoors a lot of the summer here. Yours will undoubtedly enjoy the summer sun. :D

NICE!!! thats great are you going to the wheaton animal expo april 2nd? If so I will have a table there selling custom furnishings for chameleon cages

NICE!!! thats great are you going to the wheaton animal expo april 2nd? If so I will have a table there selling custom furnishings for chameleon cages

Yes, I should be there, along with some of my chammies. =) Chamo Wear and Windy City Chameleons - Look for the tall white sign.

Back
Top Bottom