MESH Discussion - Best Practices

For those of you who said crickets will eat through plastic…what are you referring to? Thats not the same as the fiberglass screen is it? I will be building soon but I want to stay away from metal screen altogether. Since my guy doesn't cup feed on his own (I have to be holding the cup) and I like to free range then I can't do the wider stuff :confused: Just need some clarification on that.

ya, we have only used patio screen which is plastic to build both of our cages and have never had a cricket escape or try to eat through. I have never heard of that. Well I guess i will post and let you know if I have any issues with our cage. I don't think it will be an issue.

I think adding vines and other things the mesh screen is a good plan to help deter the chams from climbing. I posted earlier tonight about our little guy filing down his nails to almost nothing. We think one of them has been ripped out so we are hoping we can prevent that with this new cage.

thanks for the tips everyone!

for my large outdoor cages I use pvc coated wire mesh . the raccoons can not get through it and it is safe for the lizards .

Back
Top Bottom