Melleri

:)

Attachments

• 20160501_160417.jpg
    20160501_160417.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Lol, that was quicker than previously thought! They are awesome! When they get beastly, you will really love them!

What kind of enclosure are you using?

View attachment 157324
Lol, that was quicker than previously thought! They are awesome! When they get beastly, you will really love them!

What kind of enclosure are you using?

View attachment 157324
Nice how many die you have? Im indecisive if i should get another one lol ..i both him a 2'x2'x4' scren enclosure for now since he still kinda small then ill problably leave him free range wat about you??

I would probably wait and just keep that one. Try to keep his stress levels down as much as possible. Melleri are different than other chameleons. They don't show a steady decline in health like other species. They really hide their stress well. Then they will up and crash on you. When I get mine in, I let them acclimate for about 2 weeks without them seeing me. It is just my method. I have a greenhouse set up for that with cameras. I go in and fill their feeder tubs at night while they sleep. Is this completely necessary...no. But, since I started this process, I have not lost one since. I currently have 12 melleri that I am working with. The key is just keeping their stress levels down as much as possible and hydrating them as if you were filling a swimming pool. They are slow and steady drinkers.

My guys are kept mainly free ranging in greenhouse settings. Some, that were not good at free ranging with others, are kept in enclosures. I love this species, but they require a keen eye and a persistent one as well. After about a month of acclimation, make sure and have a fecal done. DO NOT treat the animal right now. You will surely kill it...I can almost guarantee you that. Their parasite load exponentially grows with the stress of capture, containment and import. The best thing to do is make him comfortable and hydrate the heck out of him. That 2x2x4 enclosure won't last very long for this guy. You will see :rolleyes:

I would probably wait and just keep that one. Try to keep his stress levels down as much as possible. Melleri are different than other chameleons. They don't show a steady decline in health like other species. They really hide their stress well. Then they will up and crash on you. When I get mine in, I let them acclimate for about 2 weeks without them seeing me. It is just my method. I have a greenhouse set up for that with cameras. I go in and fill their feeder tubs at night while they sleep. Is this completely necessary...no. But, since I started this process, I have not lost one since. I currently have 12 melleri that I am working with. The key is just keeping their stress levels down as much as possible and hydrating them as if you were filling a swimming pool. They are slow and steady drinkers.

My guys are kept mainly free ranging in greenhouse settings. Some, that were not good at free ranging with others, are kept in enclosures. I love this species, but they require a keen eye and a persistent one as well. After about a month of acclimation, make sure and have a fecal done. DO NOT treat the animal right now. You will surely kill it...I can almost guarantee you that. Their parasite load exponentially grows with the stress of capture, containment and import. The best thing to do is make him comfortable and hydrate the heck out of him. That 2x2x4 enclosure won't last very long for this guy. You will see :rolleyes:
Is there any way i can email you?

Holy cow 12 melleri. All wc? How big I'd your greenhouse? Oh man I got so many questions. Lol

Yes, they are all WC. I have two greenhouses that I use to house melleri. They are almost the same size. Roughly 20'x15'x10'. Ask as many questions as you'd like, Lol.
Ok, so how do you provide uv for them? Natural or artificial? I can only imagine the misting system you have. Probably mind blowing. Could I see some pics of your melleri's edens?

Ok, so how do you provide uv for them? Natural or artificial? I can only imagine the misting system you have. Probably mind blowing. Could I see some pics of your melleri's edens?

Both actually. When it is appropriate temps outside, I have a panel I can remove to allow natural UVB to penetrate the greenhouses. When it is hot outside, I have UVB bulbs running in the greenhouses. Here are a few that I have handy. I can get more later.

IMAG1874.jpg IMAG2020.jpg IMAG2033.jpg IMAG2037.jpg

I just found a fantastic looking male for sale near me, oh I wish I had room for more than one cham at a time! Love the colors o.p. And awesome greenhouse jpowell!

Back
Top Bottom